New Gaming rig

I'm going to buy a new computer this august. what do you think?

I am going to buy everything on this list except the gtx strix 960 because i already have it.

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Ghost

Case fan: Corsair SP120 Quiet edition 120mm blue LED

PSU Seasonic: M12II-620 EVO FDB 620W

MOBO: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X (Socket 1151)

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

RAM: Crucial Balistic Sport 2400Mhz 2x8gb

GPU: Nvidia gtx 960 strix

Storage: 1Tb hard drive 128GB SSD

so are theese parts compatible and should I switch out something (as you can se I am boulding a White-Black-Blue theme) 

Buy an R9 380 or MSI gtx 960 because asus doesnt cool VRM and VRAM

could we have a link to the RAM you want to use? it's to verify they are ddr4 sticks...

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

RAM info would be great. Also plan on upgrading your GPU

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

24 minutes ago, FilipSebik said:

Buy an R9 380 or MSI gtx 960 because asus doesnt cool VRM and VRAM

He already has it

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

6 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

He already has it

aww, ok

This should be under "New Builds and Planning"...

Anyway:

Definitely upgrade your GPU soon, pairing a 960 with a 6700K is like putting go-kart wheels on a sports-scar.

Also, the budget seems a bit high to use a Hyper 212 Evo.

And lastly, which specific HDD and SSD?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 4 mars 2016 at 0:30 PM, Epiclol86 said:

could we have a link to the RAM you want to use? it's to verify they are ddr4 sticks...

Sure

This is the store I'm going to buy from 

https://www.komplett.se/product/868235/datorutrustning/minne/crucial-ballistix-sport-2400mhz-16gb#productinfo

I realise that this is in swedish but here's a link to the excact same ram sticks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0157ABYXO/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1457376782&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=crucial+ballistix+sport+16gb&dpPl=1&dpID=41PFdLcKzBL&ref=plSrch

On 4 mars 2016 at 0:30 PM, Epiclol86 said:

Sure

This is the store I'm going to buy from 

https://www.komplett.se/product/868235/datorutrustning/minne/crucial-ballistix-sport-2400mhz-16gb#productinfo

I realise that this is in swedish but here's a link to the excact same ram sticks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0157ABYXO/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1457376782&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=crucial+ballistix+sport+16gb&dpPl=1&dpID=41PFdLcKzBL&ref=plSrch

On 4 mars 2016 at 1:33 PM, Dash Lambda said:

This should be under "New Builds and Planning"...

Anyway:

Definitely upgrade your GPU soon, pairing a 960 with a 6700K is like putting go-kart wheels on a sports-scar.

Also, the budget seems a bit high to use a Hyper 212 Evo.

And lastly, which specific HDD and SSD?

I'm sorey for putting this on the wrong thread (I'm kinda new to LTT forums)

the reason I picked the 212evo is that I am not goong to overclock the cpu and the storm scout 2 is not really compatible with water cooling (I know it is with a single 120 radiator but It looks a bit wierd)

but please tell me if I am wrong here.

I allready have the hdd and ssd but they are theese ones:

hdd:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005T3GRNW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1457377592&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=seagate+1tb+hard+drive&dpPl=1&dpID=51ZKOFxU8lL&ref=plSrch

ssd:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0093RN0PI/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?qid=1457377681&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Intenso+ssd+120

1 hour ago, legocarl08 said:

I'm sorey for putting this on the wrong thread (I'm kinda new to LTT forums)

the reason I picked the 212evo is that I am not goong to overclock the cpu and the storm scout 2 is not really compatible with water cooling (I know it is with a single 120 radiator but It looks a bit wierd)

but please tell me if I am wrong here.

I allready have the hdd and ssd but they are theese ones:

hdd:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005T3GRNW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1457377592&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=seagate+1tb+hard+drive&dpPl=1&dpID=51ZKOFxU8lL&ref=plSrch

ssd:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0093RN0PI/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?qid=1457377681&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=Intenso+ssd+120

That case has two 120mm fan mounts on top, that should be able to mount a 240 rad. (Unless someone else who has the case can say otherwise...)

Also, you really should invest more money in the GPU. If this is a gaming rig, you don't need the i7 more than you need a GPU.

27 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

That case has two 120mm fan mounts on top, that should be able to mount a 240 rad. (Unless someone else who has the case can say otherwise...)

Also, you really should invest more money in the GPU. If this is a gaming rig, you don't need the i7 more than you need a GPU.

You can mount two 120fans on top but there is not enough room for the radiator(the mobo is to close to the top of the case. (you can mount it outside the case woth the fans inside but i dont really want to do that).

Linus did a build in this case and I got the information from there

I think the gtx960 is fine for now but I am going to upgrade it to a gtx 980 ti but I'm going to wait a while before i do this because I domt whamt to spend that much money right now and i don't want to buy a new cpu. Please tell me if my logic is flawed but it seems to be the right thing to do accordong to me.

3 hours ago, legocarl08 said:

You can mount two 120fans on top but there is not enough room for the radiator(the mobo is to close to the top of the case. (you can mount it outside the case woth the fans inside but i dont really want to do that).

Linus did a build in this case and I got the information from there

I think the gtx960 is fine for now but I am going to upgrade it to a gtx 980 ti but I'm going to wait a while before i do this because I domt whamt to spend that much money right now and i don't want to buy a new cpu. Please tell me if my logic is flawed but it seems to be the right thing to do accordong to me.

You already have the CPU?