iPad Mini Not turning on at all.

Hi LTT forum,

Hey Crapple (Apple) Fans I need help. Because I have seen that Android is indestructible. 

I have a clients iPad mini that will not charge, turn on or be recognized by a PC. I have tried holding down the home and Sleep/on off buttons, and nothing happens! I might think that its dead.

Have you tried a different power brick and cable? 

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Just now, Amazingasian said:

Have you tried a different power brick and cable? 

Well the client said that they have. I have tried on PC and a Mac so yeh

Just now, AgentEddie99 said:

Well the client said that they have. I have tried on PC and a Mac so yeh

Is it still under warranty?  Might be worth a try to bring it in to an apple store.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

Is it still under warranty?  Might be worth a try to bring it in to an apple store.

That's a good question. I'll have to speak to the client and see when they got it, also if they got a extended warranty or something like that.

Just now, AgentEddie99 said:

That's a good question. I'll have to speak to the client and see when they got it, also if they got a extended warranty or something like that.

I'd also try a third party store with good reviews.  They might be able to fix something like this.

Sounds like something inside there is toasted. I second the Apple Store suggestion, because it doesn't seem like something you can fix. Seems like a hard brick.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

9 hours ago, AgentEddie99 said:

Hold the power button and home button for a couple seconds 

This could be a few things

Things I would check in order

Plug in let "charge" for a few hours on a good 2A charger

Soft reset home and power button for 10 seconds
Hook to computer and attempt DFU mode
Battery 
Board issue