Setting up my first loop

I am setting up my first loop and i wanted to get some feedback from people who have done it before. I have a ton of room as i am using a core x9 case from TT.

My plan was to put two 480 mm Rads at the top, loop from RESERVOIR to the CPU then from the CPU to the first Rad which will be a Quad, then from the first Rad to the Dual GPU from the GPU up to Rad 2 and then back down to the RESERVOIR. 

Comments? Suggestions? 

watercool.png

3 minutes ago, MITK said:

I am setting up my first loop and i wanted to get some feedback from people who have done it before. I have a ton of room as i am using a core x9 case from TT.

My plan was to put two 480 mm Rads at the top, loop from RESERVOIR to the CPU then from the CPU to the first Rad which will be a Quad, then from the first Rad to the Dual GPU from the GPU up to Rad 2 and then back down to the RESERVOIR. 

Comments? Suggestions? 

I assume the top rads are side by side in the X9 case before someone asks, as for order it doesn't matter as long as the pump is below and right after the res to ensure it never runs dry.

Rads are not stacked .. just ran out of room. they will be side by side in the case.

4 minutes ago, MITK said:

Rads are not stacked .. just ran out of room. they will be side by side in the picture.

Everything seems good then, for a single CPU and GPU loop a dual 480mm setup would be overkill but let you keep everything at idle even when at full load.

I got the room, figure i would pimp it out so to speak. Just want to make sure I get it right. 

8 minutes ago, MITK said:

I got the room, figure i would pimp it out so to speak. Just want to make sure I get it right. 

What are the watercooling components your using, overall that loop setup will work well. 

I am considering 2 diarkside or alphacool rads NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper @ 45 mm thick,

Hard tubing ( Monsoon  was recommended to me) 

Bitspower Fittings in 1/2" x 3/4"

EK-FC980 GTX Strix - Nickel [3831109830321]        
EK-FC980 GTX Strix - Acetal+Nickel [3831109830338]        
EK-FC980 GTX Strix Backplate - Black [3831109830345]        
EK-FC980 GTX Strix Backplate - Nickel [3831109830352]

EK-Supremacy EVO Elite Edition - Intel 2011-3 [3831109800324]   or  EK-Supremacy EVO X99 - Nickel [3831109800362]

Still looking at pumps. I was advised alphacool has a good D5 or two 

6 minutes ago, GetShrektMrKrabs said:

for that many big rads isn't a 2nd pump necessary @W-L ?

Rads are pretty low restriction so usually a single pump is more than enough, especially if it's a D5 or say a DDC.

Just now, MITK said:

-SNIP-

For hardline be sure to get the proper matching tubing and fittings since hardline requires hardline fittings. That seems to be good a single D5 pump is a good option for all of that, just note for fluid be sure to use a biocide or premixed fluid and to not use a silver kill coil since nickel and silver in a loop environment are borderline dis-similar metals.