1-1.5K AUD Gaming and Video Editing Build help?

So, I'm planning on building a new PC for Gaming/Editing, but I don't know if I should go with Skylake or Haswell, but at the moment, Skylake is looking pretty good. 

Skylake: PCCG Wishlist

Haswell: PCCG Wishlist

PCCG are a bit weird with prices, and tend not to update the prices on old products, so is the Skylake option clearly better in this case? Also, are there any inconsistencies in this build? Will there be any bottlenecks? I anyone finds any problems, it would be great to know.

The Corsair VS PSU is not good at all. Highly recommend to go for the Antec HCG 520/M or the XFX TS series instead.

I'd go for this:

https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/vP9

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

• Don't worry about the cooler as it's not really needed.
  • That board won't support the E3 V5 CPU's.

37 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

The Corsair VS PSU is not good at all. Highly recommend to go for the Antec HCG 520/M or the XFX TS series instead.

I'd go for this:

go for this just if you want to save some money get a different case like a phanteks eclipse or enthoo pro m

5 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

I'd go for this:

I've got a spare 1TB drive and the PSU looks better, but I'de prefer to go Skylake. The 390 might be a good idea though. I usually only go for Nvidia but I'm considering it.

5 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:
  • Don't worry about the cooler as it's not really needed.
  • That board won't support the E3 V5 CPU's.

I'll probably go stock cooler then. But the board does support the CPU, it's in the list of supported ones on the website.

4 hours ago, pcman365 said:

go for this just if you want to save some money get a different case like a phanteks eclipse or enthoo pro m

I've had my eye on the Enthoo Evolv for a while and I'm definitely going for it, it's just so kewl.

9 minutes ago, TheEpicHunter said:

I'll probably go stock cooler then. But the board does support the CPU, it's in the list of supported ones on the website.

I'd be hesitant about that - Intel came out stating that V5 is not officially supported on consumer grade 1151 boards hence why Asus and Gigabyte have specific boards with the server chipsets (i forget the models)

You may find limited feature support or similar. 

20 minutes ago, TheEpicHunter said:

I've got a spare 1TB drive and the PSU looks better, but I'de prefer to go Skylake. The 390 might be a good idea though. I usually only go for Nvidia but I'm considering it.

Skylake might not be the best choice now. The Skylake Xeon CPUs come with server motherboards as opposed to the consumer motherboards of Haswell. The only Skylake CPU that has a consumer mobo and hyperthreading would be the i7 6700 and that's damn expensive.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder