Cheap Ebay DSLR Stabilizers

I'm looking for a cheap yet functional stabilizer/Steadicam to use with my Nikon D3200 and Rode videomic. I've seen the DIY ones (silver flyer) but I don't really want to mess around with that as they are supposed to be really hard to get built right and balanced. However, there are some really cheap ones on Ebay. What are your thoughts on these and has anyone used one? I don't need some crazy good professional solution, just something to help stabilized moving footage.

There are ones like these for ~$60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40cm-Adjustable-Handheld-Stabilizer-Steadicam-for-Camcorder-Camera-Video-DV-DSLR-/121836149268?hash=item1c5e001a14:g:GBoAAOSwnipWaCSt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Gradienter-Handheld-Stabilizer-Steadycam-Steadicam-for-Camcorder-DSLR-Camera-/252273165244?hash=item3abca703bc:g:8i4AAOSwl8NVeohr

And ones like this one for sometimes as low as $20

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Handheld-Video-Stabilizer-Steadycam-for-DSLR-SLR-DV-Digital-Camera-Camcorder-/222040003189?hash=item33b29d9275:g:VKIAAOSwx-9WwYbK

Anyways, thanks for your help in advance!

You get what you pay for.  The top two items from eBay seems to be ideal for someone on a tight budget, but I wonder how easy it is to balance the camera on them.  I've seen how the higher end models are balanced and they are already tricky enough.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Honestly I would save up and get something a little better like a glide gear or something

that said, im sure if you have the patience you can get a cheapo to work

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm tempted to try one of the cheap red ones (third link) as I can find them for $15. Anyways, are you talking about something like the glide gear small? https://glidegear.net/product/glide-gear-small-camera-stabilizer-supports-5-3-7/ It should work because I believe my camera and mic only weigh about 2.5 lbs, and I could definitely get up to $170. What about a shoulder rig? That might work for me but I have never used or seen one in use, but they are cheap and they don't have any moving parts so an eBay one should be trustable.

54 minutes ago, MiniNinja6 said:

I'm tempted to try one of the cheap red ones (third link) as I can find them for $15. Anyways, are you talking about something like the glide gear small? https://glidegear.net/product/glide-gear-small-camera-stabilizer-supports-5-3-7/ It should work because I believe my camera and mic only weigh about 2.5 lbs, and I could definitely get up to $170. What about a shoulder rig? That might work for me but I have never used or seen one in use, but they are cheap and they don't have any moving parts so an eBay one should be trustable.

yeah that glide gear you linked to is a good starting point and they are solidly built too

What camera are you using?

Shoulder rig, I have one, but honestly I dont enjoy using it, and it really works when I am stood still, it cannot stabilize moving shots like the glide gear ones can

I bought a cheap one EIMO off amazon with a follow focus, have my camera mounted in a cage so I can mount lots to it

Depends on your intended uses, what equipment you are using, static vs moving etc 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm using a Nikon D3200 with a larger lense than stock but not too heavy and a Rode videomic. I'm going to use it to film mountain biking videos, so it will allow me to have good panning shots and moving shots. I think I'm going to try the $15 one because it's so cheap and if I like the results go for a more expensive one or if it works great then I can just stick with the cheap one.