GPU Temp 98+ at Idle

Taking into consideration you stated that the card gets over 100C & throttles like crazy when just starting a game I would say that is the actual temps you are hitting. I'd take the cooler off again, repaste, then reseat the cooler being very careful to make sure it is put on properly & all the screws holding down pressure on the heatsink are tight enough. I'd do it ASAP too, if you keep running your card that hot it will kill it. Also just out if curiosity did you make sure that you still had all of the thermal pads on the VRMs & memory when you put the cooler back together after repasting? Those are just as important as making sure you have good contact between the GPU, TIM, & heatsink.

6 hours ago, Rob27shred said:

Taking into consideration you stated that the card gets over 100C & throttles like crazy when just starting a game I would say that is the actual temps you are hitting. I'd take the cooler off again, repaste, then reseat the cooler being very careful to make sure it is put on properly & all the screws holding down pressure on the heatsink are tight enough. I'd do it ASAP too, if you keep running your card that hot it will kill it. Also just out if curiosity did you make sure that you still had all of the thermal pads on the VRMs & memory when you put the cooler back together after repasting? Those are just as important as making sure you have good contact between the GPU, TIM, & heatsink.

Although it says the 100C, the GPU core itself is cool to touch. Unfortunately I don't have any IR Temp sensor to get the exact figures. I have currently removed the card and went back to using my old GPUs.

The thermal pads on VRMs are all good. The temps there are A OK. You can see it in the log file I uploaded in my 1st post.

I am now thinking about re-flashing the BIOS.