Help w/ Overkill PC Build.

Ok so... I know this is going over the ledge but for the past 5 years i've been gaming on a dell prebuilt w/ a 750 gpu and it's getting VERY repetitive not getting the frames I'd like.

I've been working on this new PC build on part picker and I just need some suggestions and what your guy's opinions are.

Pcpartpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fLyVsY     <---- Build

Questions:

1. I know the case can hold 3 x 120mm fans on the top and I'm running a h100i cpu cooler. I'm going to put 2 x 120 SP corsair af on the radiator but will I be able to fit the last 120mm fan?

2. I'm getting 3 SSD's, 2 for mass storage & 1 for OS and Things like steam,orgin,teamspeak.ect  -

Other than that if anyone has some suggestions or anything feel free to shout them to me!

If it's just for gaming X99 is kinda pointless, i7 can even do better in gaming. :) I think LTT has a video on the matter.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Matt100HP said:

$4500 for a single 980Ti build!? That's a lot of money for the performance. 

What do you think about a MSI Gaming 980ti 6G in SLI?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($399.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($146.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($304.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card  ($689.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($184.59 @ Mac Mall) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($88.97 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Red 52.2 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($12.47 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($15.77 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($15.77 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair SP120 57.2 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($20.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($369.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Mionix Castor Wired Optical Mouse  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Astro TR Gaming HeadSet ($250.00)
Other: Wiring Combs for Airflow.  ($7.99)
Other: EVGA POWER CABLES*  ($89.99)
Other: Mouse Pad "NEEDED" for mouse DPI~  ($35.50)
Total: $3979.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-29 17:28 EST-0500

for gaming i'd get the 6700k :)

Just now, Lucas9825 said:

What do you think about a MSI Gaming 980ti 6G in SLI?

Personally, I'd tone down the rest of the system to a price worth spending on a single 980Ti build. Firstly, drop the X99 stuff in favour of Z170; it's cheaper and will do just as well in gaming. Secondly, don't spend anywhere near $550 on a motherboard, that's insane in my opinion.

As for the MSI 6G 980Ti, it seems to be a very well reviewed card, both by professional reviewers and end users who have paid for the card out of their own money. 

I know you want 3ssd but this really costs looooots of money for something you will never use, really! Get yourself a tablet with 300$, a new phone or even a sick case like a lian-li or an inwin 909!

1 minute ago, MJ... said:

I know you want 3ssd but this really costs looooots of money for something you will never use, really! Get yourself a tablet with 300$, a new phone or even a sick case like a lian-li or an inwin 909!

Yeah I sorta agree, Although I do have my current HDD that's a 2 tb almost filled up "I know its pretty bad" but I have quite a bit of games / recordings.

21 minutes ago, Lucas9825 said:

Ok so... I know this is going over the ledge but for the past 5 years i've been gaming on a dell prebuilt w/ a 750 gpu and it's getting VERY repetitive not getting the frames I'd like.

I've been working on this new PC build on part picker and I just need some suggestions and what your guy's opinions are.

Pcpartpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fLyVsY     <---- Build

Questions:

1. I know the case can hold 3 x 120mm fans on the top and I'm running a h100i cpu cooler. I'm going to put 2 x 120 SP corsair af on the radiator but will I be able to fit the last 120mm fan?

2. I'm getting 3 SSD's, 2 for mass storage & 1 for OS and Things like steam,orgin,teamspeak.ect  -

Other than that if anyone has some suggestions or anything feel free to shout them to me!

At the end of the day you're just getting an i7 and a GTX 980 Ti for over 4000 Dollars. That's simply not worth it. Any old 1600 Dollar build people are putting together in this forum would basically do just as well.

Just now, Lucas9825 said:

Yeah I sorta agree, Although I do have my current HDD that's a 2 tb almost filled up "I know its pretty bad" but I have quite a bit of games / recordings.

Well put that hdd in your next system after you cleaned it up and deletet the mess haha, along with a 1tb ssd and 180gigs for the os that should be more than enough unless you are an avid film recorder

Also I dont recommend an astro headset (I've had them). The sound is not the best you can get fot that pricetag, the mic is just bad and the cables broke after 1.5 year :(

1 minute ago, MJ... said:

Also I dont recommend an astro headset (I've had them). The sound is not the best you can get fot that pricetag, the mic is just bad and the cables broke after 1.5 year :(

Yeah I've had mine for a while now, Wire went bad and replaced them with my old headset... I also got a stand mic to avoid that mess with headset mics.

As for the build I did remove 1tb ssd & put in 2 MSI 980's.

1 minute ago, Lucas9825 said:

Yeah I've had mine for a while now, Wire went bad and replaced them with my old headset... I also got a stand mic to avoid that mess with headset mics.

As for the build I did remove 1tb ssd & put in 2 MSI 980's.

Thats a perfect choice! Dont forget to post a pic when you are finished, I LOVE new builds haha