Broken corsair SP2500

DEAMONFROST
Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,
55 minutes ago, DEAMONFROST said:

Well that sucks =( it is way past warranty and i guess fixing a blown channel is way to difficult to fix without any experience?

You don´t happen to know if there is a way to pay a smaller sum to get it fixed somehow?

Thanks for the answer, I guess it will probably be going to the dump just feels like a waste of a great speaker.

I only got to open one unit up myself. That was also out of warranty. I had to contact Corsair too for repairs like any other chump. I hated it. They wanted the whole thing returned and the thing was huge and not one single customer kept the damn box. :/ Anyway, this looks familiar to me. Your case might be similar-ish but this particular dude says it's all dead in this thread. It's a blown power supply. A skilled electrician could fix it, I'd imagine. I'm no skilled electrician myself, sadly, but I can tell you that those leaks are form the capacitors. Capacitors are those can-shaped components with the Xs on top. When they get old in devices that run somewhat hot, they tend to do that. If nothing else is wrong, it'd be as easy as soldering on new capacitors. That's just an example. I tried to Google for a picture from a case with your problem but to no avail. Neither did I find any repair instructions. 

But even if everything else fails utterly, you can always get a new amplifier and use the old speakers. Can't see why you couldn't hook something like this up. It's likely that a $15 amp won't be as good as the original but still, you need that music, man!

Hi.

So i started my speakers up and there was only sound coming from the satellites and not from the sub.

I have tried every input method and i tried changing the power outlet nothing worked.

I thought it might be the fuse that broke so i opened it up, But i think it is ok the wire is not of and it is not burnt.

Could it still be the fuse or does anyone have any other ideas what it could be or how to fix it.

14 minutes ago, DEAMONFROST said:

Hi.

So i started my speakers up and there was only sound coming from the satellites and not from the sub.

I have tried every input method and i tried changing the power outlet nothing worked.

I thought it might be the fuse that broke so i opened it up, But i think it is ok the wire is not of and it is not burnt.

Could it still be the fuse or does anyone have any other ideas what it could be or how to fix it.

Is there a bass knob? Are you connected with stereo or 5.1?

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Brand Blacklist: Gainward, Silverstone, Cougar, Gigabyte.

If it was the fuse, it'd be all dead, not one third dead, wouldn't it? Anyway, blowing channels on that unit is pretty wide-spread issue. I worked for a Corsair retailer and handled my share of cases like this. If it's under warranty, they'll fix it but if not, you're out of luck.

22 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

If it was the fuse, it'd be all dead, not one third dead, wouldn't it? Anyway, blowing channels on that unit is pretty wide-spread issue. I worked for a Corsair retailer and handled my share of cases like this. If it's under warranty, they'll fix it but if not, you're out of luck.

Well that sucks =( it is way past warranty and i guess fixing a blown channel is way to difficult to fix without any experience?

You don´t happen to know if there is a way to pay a smaller sum to get it fixed somehow?

Thanks for the answer, I guess it will probably be going to the dump just feels like a waste of a great speaker.

29 minutes ago, HatsuneMilku said:

Is there a bass knob? Are you connected with stereo or 5.1?

Well it is only 2.1 so no i am not connected to 5.1?

Yes there is a bass knob and no the bass is not of i have also checked on the controller to see if any of the settings were wrong but nope nothing i do seem to help.

I think it is great that you try to help people who has issues, But sadly when you have not informed yourself about the stuff someone has a issue with all you do is make the person more irritated.

Sorry if i come of as ungratefully/hateful but that is not my intention at all.

I just think that the amount of people that waste peoples time by replying to threads that they have no knowledge about irritates me.

55 minutes ago, DEAMONFROST said:

I only got to open one unit up myself. That was also out of warranty. I had to contact Corsair too for repairs like any other chump. I hated it. They wanted the whole thing returned and the thing was huge and not one single customer kept the damn box. :/ Anyway, this looks familiar to me. Your case might be similar-ish but this particular dude says it's all dead in this thread. It's a blown power supply. A skilled electrician could fix it, I'd imagine. I'm no skilled electrician myself, sadly, but I can tell you that those leaks are form the capacitors. Capacitors are those can-shaped components with the Xs on top. When they get old in devices that run somewhat hot, they tend to do that. If nothing else is wrong, it'd be as easy as soldering on new capacitors. That's just an example. I tried to Google for a picture from a case with your problem but to no avail. Neither did I find any repair instructions. 

But even if everything else fails utterly, you can always get a new amplifier and use the old speakers. Can't see why you couldn't hook something like this up. It's likely that a $15 amp won't be as good as the original but still, you need that music, man!

9 hours ago, DEAMONFROST said:

Well it is only 2.1 so no i am not connected to 5.1?

Yes there is a bass knob and no the bass is not of i have also checked on the controller to see if any of the settings were wrong but nope nothing i do seem to help.

I think it is great that you try to help people who has issues, But sadly when you have not informed yourself about the stuff someone has a issue with all you do is make the person more irritated.

Sorry if i come of as ungratefully/hateful but that is not my intention at all.

I just think that the amount of people that waste peoples time by replying to threads that they have no knowledge about irritates me.

Funny you bring up 'no knowledge'.

I do actually take offense to your response as I have been working with audio equipment for a very long time. You do come off as ungrateful and I feel like it was unnecessary to post it. And yes, that is your intention otherwise you wouldn't have posted it. Just remember who's time you're taking for help, and who's time is considered wasted.

As for your particular unit, sometimes giving the OC some simple fixes can help as I do not know how familiar they are with the environment. As such, I did not do extensive research on the unit.

The reason I asked about the bass knob, was because occasionally on other units the potentiometer had broken, and was constantly on the lowest setting. 

All I can really suggest now is too look for any expanded capacitors, broken diodes, dislodged wires.

I hope next time you understand what kind of people post these troubleshooting threads, only turning out to be a simple fix.

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Brand Blacklist: Gainward, Silverstone, Cougar, Gigabyte.

14 hours ago, HatsuneMilku said:

Funny you bring up 'no knowledge'.

I do actually take offense to your response as I have been working with audio equipment for a very long time. You do come off as ungrateful and I feel like it was unnecessary to post it. And yes, that is your intention otherwise you wouldn't have posted it. Just remember who's time you're taking for help, and who's time is considered wasted.

As for your particular unit, sometimes giving the OC some simple fixes can help as I do not know how familiar they are with the environment. As such, I did not do extensive research on the unit.

The reason I asked about the bass knob, was because occasionally on other units the potentiometer had broken, and was constantly on the lowest setting. 

All I can really suggest now is too look for any expanded capacitors, broken diodes, dislodged wires.

I hope next time you understand what kind of people post these troubleshooting threads, only turning out to be a simple fix.

I would like to start by apologising for making you offended and to say that the "no knowledge" was not directed at you and was a frustrated side note of how a lot of people without the necessary knowledge is posting on a lot of threads.

Literally had someone posting "sorry i don´t know how to do that" in a prior thread i read.

I did however mean the " But sadly when you have not informed yourself about the stuff someone has a issue with all you do is make the person more irritated "

If you had googled corsair sp2500 with about 10sec of research you would have known both your questions was irrelevant.

I would like to say though that i do love the fact that despite you disliking my behaviour you still tried to help me in your second post :D

It is probably like Naeaes says the a blown power supply.

Either way i do not think i will be able to fix it so i will probably throw it at the dump =( thanks for trying and i hope there is no hard feelings between us ;)

23 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Ok well thanks for the help.

Also nah i have a pair of better speakers already i was just trying to fix it so i could give it to my mom so the music will not be stopped =P