Submarine build log

AlbinoTexan

If you didn't see my first thread on my idea here it is 

I'm naming it the submarine. I'm putting this here now for people to follow who want to and I'll update it as soon as I get everything planned out.

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Did you find a budget for the casing and loop(s)? also, I recommend putting some kind of moisture absorbent in the cases, the gel packs or rice or something to help inhibit the humidity. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

24 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Did you find a budget for the casing and loop(s)? also, I recommend putting some kind of moisture absorbent in the cases, the gel packs or rice or something to help inhibit the humidity. 

I'm thinking around 5-6k but that includes dummy parts to test. Even if I test with card board I want to use dummy parts to see how the cooling is. Don't want anything over heating that will cost $800 to replace.

Just now, AlbinoTexan said:

I'm thinking around 5-6k but that includes dummy parts to test. Even if I test with card board I want to use dummy parts to see how the cooling is. Don't want anything over heating that will cost $800 to replace.

Not too bad really, 

you said freezing water, are you going with an alcohol or salt mixture to allow for temps below 0C/32F ? 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, RedWulf said:

Not too bad really, 

you said freezing water, are you going with an alcohol or salt mixture to allow for temps below 0C/32F ? 

I haven't thought of what to use for water yet. I think if I used salt that might not be good for the heat skins 

I haven't thought of what to use for water yet. I think if I used salt that might not be good for the heat skins 

I'm sure someone else has more experience with various chemicals in heating and electricity than I do, but you might try ethanol, maybe 1:1 mix with water

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, RedWulf said:

I'm sure someone else has more experience with various chemicals in heating and electricity than I do, but you might try ethanol, maybe 1:1 mix with water

If I recall correctly salt is a conductive which may cause shorts. Alcohol might be a better solution (pun intended)

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

2 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

I still have to figure out how I'll get the water to flow around. Unless just having a intake and outtake is enough. Becase there won't be any fans from the cpu or gpu. Maybe some sort of pool jets idk

Just now, Howlingwolf101 said:

If I recall correctly salt is a conductive which may cause shorts. Alcohol might be a better solution (pun intended)

1)we need a canine group xD

2)True and not to mention alcohol would prevent humidity. But he's trying to make a system so that conductivity wont matter. 

I still have to figure out how I'll get the water to flow around. Unless just having a intake and outtake is enough. Becase there won't be any fans from the cpu or gpu. Maybe some sort of pool jets idk

Have an intake or outtake of equal power at each corner(I assume a rectangular prism tank) or look for water safe fans/turbines/pumps. Fish tanks do it, so can you lol

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, RedWulf said:

Yes I think I'll use something like that. Right now I need to figure out parts so I can have my buddy make some plastic caps for them. He works at company that manufactures plastic and makes it in various ethnic shapes and stuff so he said he can probably make them.

1 hour ago, AlbinoTexan said:

If you didn't see my first thread on my idea here it is 

I'm naming it the submarine. I'm putting this here now for people to follow who want to and I'll update it as soon as I get everything planned out.

Make it a black and yellow themed build, find a toy sub, add some music and call it the yellow submarine

yellowSub.jpg

5185832577_7d031c97ef6.jpg

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!