Website test

Hello, I just completely redesigned my website. I think it's a massive improvement, but I was needing a bit of testing. I only have a few screens to test it on (1080p) and I was wanting to check if there were any major bugs on other aspect ratios. So if you want, can  you guys look around for bugs? I'd really appreciate it. Any criticism is welcome too.

Spoiler

Edit: Not mobile friendly yet.

Edit 2: any links do not work yet. I dont have the landing page finished.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

A bit wide for my monitor (1280 * 1024)

Untitled.thumb.png.d299537f745583007f1cc

6 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

I only have a few screens to test it on (1080p)

Suggestion: In chrome developer tools (press F12) you can toggle device mode.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

looks good on a 1280x1024 display

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

I get some parts cut off on my 1440:900 potato 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

after seeing it in 1080 it looks like the sides are just cut off a bit while its in 1280x1024

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

1 minute ago, BudgetForNow said:

after seeing it in 1080 it looks like the sides are just cut off a bit while its in 1280x1024

Yeah I noticed that. It's horrible on mobile too. Problem is, I am not sure how to fix that. I'm working on some stuff. So try refreshing now and then.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The game looks god sent, not watching the dev though, I want to be surprised 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

4 minutes ago, BudgetForNow said:

Thank you. Keep an eye on the website though. I'll be putting a trailer up soon.

5 minutes ago, NonaHexa said:

What a beautiful logo. ;)

Haha thanks. Sorry about the old logo, I wanted to go for a more professional look over flashy. :P

looks fine on 1920 x 1200.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

11 minutes ago, Ddave said:

A bit wide for my monitor (1280 * 1024)

Hidden Content

Suggestion: In chrome developer tools (press F12) you can toggle device mode.

Can you retry it now? margins were off.

57 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

Can you retry it now? margins were off.

Are you sure ? It's still the same.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Try dynamically sizing & spacing things with percentages in your CSS rather than statically assigning values. That can help ensure consistent viewing across various screen resolutions.

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

22 hours ago, B.Toast said:

Try dynamically sizing & spacing things with percentages in your CSS rather than statically assigning values. That can help ensure consistent viewing across various screen resolutions.

23 hours ago, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Some parts get cut off for me.

Monitor resolution: 1366x768

Reveal hidden contents

chrome_2016-02-28_20-23-18.png.acb0f9f7e

chrome_2016-02-28_20-24-35.png.11a6c7f1c

Still looks good, though. :)

On 2/29/2016 at 10:05 PM, BudgetForNow said:

Can you guys test it again? I'm pretty sure I fixed it. In the CSS, it was set to 1920 pixels wide but in the html, the view port was only 600. 

14 minutes ago, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Looks pretty much the same to me.

Hide contents

chrome_2016-02-29_20-18-38.png.98e2927e0chrome_2016-02-29_20-18-59.png.46b7f8a4dchrome_2016-02-29_20-19-46.png.60e2273fe

It might be cached still. It did that on my devices until I refreshed. Try going to the page and manually refreshing please.

17 minutes ago, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Looks pretty much the same to me.

Reveal hidden contents

chrome_2016-02-29_20-18-38.png.98e2927e0chrome_2016-02-29_20-18-59.png.46b7f8a4dchrome_2016-02-29_20-19-46.png.60e2273fe

As you can see, at your resolution it is working for me. 

Screenshot (7).png

3 hours ago, christianled59 said:

Can you guys test it again? I'm pretty sure I fixed it. In the CSS, it was set to 1920 pixels wide but in the html, the view port was only 600. 

Still looks the same to me mate. Can you show us what you've got in there for your CSS?

8 hours ago, B.Toast said:

Still looks the same to me mate. Can you show us what you've got in there for your CSS?

I don't have the code in front of me, I'm on iPad. But now that I think about it, I might have the css wrong. I have the following in html:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1920">

And in css I have: 

width: 600px;

I think I need to change that to 1920.

25 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

I don't have the code in front of me, I'm on iPad. But now that I think about it, I might have the css wrong. I have the following in html:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1920">

And in css I have: 

width: 600px;

I think I need to change that to 1920.

I'm assuming you're using a 1920x1080 monitor then. Instead of using static values like these, try using percentages. So instead  of setting both to be 1920px, just use "100%".

14 minutes ago, B.Toast said:

I'm assuming you're using a 1920x1080 monitor then. Instead of using static values like these, try using percentages. So instead  of setting both to be 1920px, just use "100%".

Okay I will try that tonight. Thanks.