Installing Arch on a seperate boot drive

Go to solution Solved by zMeul,
8 minutes ago, steezemageeze said:

I was wondering if I could/should unplug my Windows drive so that if I mess something up

absolutely you should

the installer would otherwise detect the boot sector and install the loader on that HDD

Instead of dual-booting Windows with Grub, I'm going to be installing Arch on a different HDD and selecting which device to boot from in the BIOS when I start my rig. (I suppose I should also ask if that'll work. I tested it with a laptop HDD already running Kubuntu, but better safe than sorry). I was wondering if I could/should unplug my Windows drive so that if I mess something up, my data will be safe. I've never installed Arch before, but I've been using Kubuntu for a while and feel comfortable giving it a shot. 

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

8 minutes ago, steezemageeze said:

I was wondering if I could/should unplug my Windows drive so that if I mess something up

absolutely you should

the installer would otherwise detect the boot sector and install the loader on that HDD

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

absolutely you should

the installed would otherwise detect the boot sector and install the loader on that HDD

I figured there would be no harm in doing it, and probably would've done it anyway, but I'm glad I asked. Thanks!

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01