Is this thing dual 390X card or a dual 390 card?

it has 2x regular 390 cores in it, non X versions. Still pretty beastly in my eyes lol

i7 6700k||Asus Z170-A||Powercolor R9 270X PCS+ 2GB||Bitfenix Prodigy M||16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4||Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD||Corsair CX850M power supply||Silverstone Tundra Series TD02-E AIO CPU cooling

Just now, Ben_Upde said:

it has 2x regular 390 cores in it, non X versions. Still pretty beastly in my eyes lol

I was more on the idea of whether it would be better than a high-tier 980 ti.

7 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I was more on the idea of whether it would be better than a high-tier 980 ti.

It´s 2 390´s in xfire. Aka, a 295x2 plus some. You tell me. (Assuming scenario can take benefit of dual gpu.)

More powerful than a high end 980ti yes, better than a high end 980ti no IMO because of crossfire. I am not just saying that because I have a high end 980ti either, I actually moved to the 980ti from a crossfired 390 & 290X. While the 2 AMD cards in crossfire had a ton of raw power & smashed through benchmarks, the complete absence of crossfire profiles for some games & spotty scaling on games that do support CFX is what made me go back to a single powerful GPU setup. I found it fairly infuriating to have all that power & not be able to truly use it TBH.

With the 980ti I got I am get roughly 80% to 90% of the performance my 390 CFXed with a 290X got me, but that 80% to 90% is across the board on every game. Which is not the case with any dual GPU setup be it on one card or 2. Another thing that came to my mind about that dual 390 card is that $800 is way overspending for what it'll get you. Considering you can get 2 used 290Xs or 2 used 390s for around $400 to $500. Dual GPU setups are just not worth the extra hassle they bring for gaming IMO.  

Look at how many power pins it has!!! 4x8!!!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9