Error!

ProjectRED

Hello guys,

So just recently Ive been getting a very pesky error while playing games. It seems to only happen when im doing good in a game and it really gets me mad. So would get this Error that says "Device Hung Error". Then it says something about the problem relating to my Graphic card and my 980 ti driver.

Ive tried it all.

Reinstalled all my games

Reinstalled graphic drivers

Used DDU to install drivers

I reinstalled my whole os

So if anyone knows a fix plz let me know!!!

IMG_0451.JPG

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

It's an issue with the api and communication to the device, " The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."

Other things to try are reinstalling direct x/the api, reinstalling MS's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio, and try reinstalling both adobe flash and the .net framework.  

Will that really work? Like I said before I reinstalled the OS and still the same problem.

DX related issues can be a pain to pinpoint at times, but given that there's a communication issue any of those could fix it if driver rollbacks didn't.

Okay Will give a shot and will report back because ive seen others with the same issue thanks!

8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

It's an issue with the api and communication to the device, " The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."

Other things to try are reinstalling direct x/the api, reinstalling MS's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio, and try reinstalling both adobe flash and the .net framework.  

Okay how do I reinstall any of these things on windows 10? Most of these come hard coded into windows 10 and cant be altered. All i got to do was instal adobe and MS Visual C++.

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Just search for DX 9-11 on MS's download center.  The hardcoded one is DX12 which isn't used yet in any game, iirc.  Here's the .net thing.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

BTW, some games might need older .net fw versions depending on the game.

Do you mind putting a link to the direct x software and when i attempt to install the .net in that link i get an error telling me a new version is present and it already comes included in windows 10

8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Also after looking at your error message, the one in my picture differs from the one you stated above

Ya, I just did some minor research on that one over what I read before.  Another thing you can try other than trying to reinstall direct x is to downclock the GPU in MSI's OCing tool.  That's worked with some games, apparently.  If you still want the dx links I think only 11 is needed.

Okay this is some new info. Ill take any thing i can get. But odd thing I never overclocked my GFX card. All I did was buy it then slap it into my system. And It worked fine for a while now up in till recently. Do you think it came over clocked out of the box?

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

If it's Zotac's amp edition, or EVGA's SC+ or whatever those are factory OCed.  That can cause issues with some games, but so can feats like anti-aliasing to FXAA and all that stuff.

It was awhile ago since I bought it(980ti when it first came out). But I think its a reference Asus card. I will try disabling FXAA but this all worked fine in the past. After re-looking over the error. Windows does say it may be a driver error. Do you think an nvidia update messed my card? Also it cant be a faulty update because I have Used DDU to fix the display drivers and I have gone as far as deleting windows and reinstalling like new.

GPU drivers are a hit and miss.  The current AMD ones struggle to get DOS boxes working, and Nvidia's latest ones have had issues.  As I said before, I think/meant to say, was try rolling back to older drivers if you haven't.  It could just be a bad driver version for you too as the issue is communication related.

Funny thing is when i search my error on google. All I see people get this error in Frostbite games and Star Citizen. These are the same games I play. Other games like

fifa 16 don't have this problem. I will try a roll back.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Bing takes me to EA/Origin's games. xD 

Yeah Frostbite is an EA engine maybe thats why. But Im looking over MSI after burner and my core clock is set to as low as it can go. So this card is no way overclocked. So this error cant be due to that.

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, then that's driver/framework/or api related.  So, your card isn't the issue, rather it's a sw issue.

So I have done a roll back. So now its time to play test this. But ill do that in the morning its almost 3am here in the east coast. Thanks for all the help mate will get back to you if this all worked!