GTX 970 or R9 390?

Sovek
1 minute ago, terminal2 said:

The Fallout 4 one I'm not getting.  I've heard it can be hard to run but I maxed it with an i3-4160 and a R9 270.  Granted I hit the silicon lottery with the 270 and got it all the way to 1125 Core and 1575 Memory, but still.  The 270 is down to economy sweet-spot at best.  And I can still get 38-50 FPS @1080p with a factory limit OC of 1050/1500

But I pushed the memory to hard on it, so now I stuck in the same position as OP.  Except, I already have a 4K 30Hz TV that runs 1080 @ 120FPS.  And my next purchase will be 4k 60Hz.  And I only have $340 bucks for a GPU.  So yeah.  I'm choosing between a 390 or GTX 970.  Or  getting a 380/960 and putting the $100 towards a next gen GPU.

Not maxed then. And I run my games in 1440 using DSR. But even with it in 1080p Fallout 4 requires some serious hardware to max. Now can you hit 60fps in some areas with less hardware, absolutely. But you'll hit stuttering and fps dips like crazy in the wrong areas. Very easy to fix though, put the shadow distance to medium and the Godrays to OFF. Problem solved and a potato will run it xD

If anyone asks you never saw me.