SteelSeries Siberia 150

Hello

This is my review of the SteelSeries Siberia 150 headset. I will be judging this product on 4 categories. Each category will be worth 25 points for a grand total of 100 points. The 4 categories are sound, comfort, build quality and aesthetics. 

20160225_193434.thumb.jpg.e970473fea416c

Audio

Audio, arguably the most important category in this review, is quite good. It features 40mm drivers and a 5 band equalizer built into the driver software. But to be frank the audio is good. I am both an avid music listener and gamer. As far as music goes it has very nice highs and lows, not to much bass and pleasant mids. For gaming its also great. I play a wide variety of games so for open world games the music is clear, crisp and immersive. I also play shooters so the bass is quite appreciated. I also play games that require sound whoring and i can hear enemy's footsteps a mile away. Ill also mention the mics audio quality. Its decent. Its nothing special but it gets the job done. For the audio quality i will give this headset a score of 21.

20160225_192709.thumb.jpg.ffda1c404d0107

Comfort

This is a very comforortable headset. It is over ear style and has decent noise isolation. It has soft pleather ear cups that can get a tad warm after a while. It is also very lightweight which is nice for extended gameplay sessions. I wish it had a little more swivel in the earcups however. For a comfort score ill give it a 18.

20160225_192634.thumb.jpg.811dee49296311

Build Quality

Build quality on this headset is mixed. the earcups feel great. For better or worst the majority of the headset is made of plastic. This makes it feel almost flimsy but makes it very lightweight. Another note is that the cable isn't very flexible and that can be annoying. I give it a 16 for a score.

20160225_192709.thumb.jpg.ffda1c404d0107

Aesthetics

This headset looks very nice. The matte plastic makes the headset look defined without looking cheap. The RGB is subtle but nice. My one complaint is the subtle orange accenting. It inst very apparent but i am not a fan all the same. for aesthetics i would give it a score of 22.

Conclusion

I am a big fan of this headset. It is comfortable and has accurate sound for different games and music. it looks nice and the RGB lighting allows it to match almost any setup. The final score is a 77. This headset retails for 57$ on amazon and is competitive with headsets much more expensive. I would recommend a buy and i look forward to using this headset in the future.

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Very good review, been looking into this headset and you have definitely helped xD

20 Year old Computing student who plays video games and fusses over how his PC looks in his free time

Spoiler

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 4670K - 4.4 GHz | MotherboardMSI Z77-G45 Gaming | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 128GB x 2 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon 7950 | PSU: Corsair CX750m | Case: NZXT S340 | Cooling: Corsair H90 | MonitorAOC 22" Monitor | PeripheralsRazer Blackwidow Ultimate, Creative Soundblaster Rage Wireless and Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10  Arch Linux (XFCE) 

Pictures and More Information Here 

12 hours ago, machooper9 said:

Very good review, been looking into this headset and you have definitely helped xD

thanks man. this is my first review and i really enjoyed doing it. if yuo have any recommendations for my writing please tell :)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Just now, SlipperyPete said:

thanks man. this is my first review and i really enjoyed doing it. if yuo have any recommendations for my writing please tell :)

Nope your writing was pretty solid, although this was quite a short review haha :) but yeah writing was good and very informative 

20 Year old Computing student who plays video games and fusses over how his PC looks in his free time

Spoiler

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 4670K - 4.4 GHz | MotherboardMSI Z77-G45 Gaming | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 128GB x 2 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon 7950 | PSU: Corsair CX750m | Case: NZXT S340 | Cooling: Corsair H90 | MonitorAOC 22" Monitor | PeripheralsRazer Blackwidow Ultimate, Creative Soundblaster Rage Wireless and Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10  Arch Linux (XFCE) 

Pictures and More Information Here