27 inch 1440p sharp enough?

TheHuskyOne

Hi, I have a question for the people with 27 inch 1440p monitors out here. 

Is the picture quality noticeably better than 24 inch 1080p? Or is it about the same as it have only 17ppi more.? 

Was using 28 inch 4k with 125% scaling and got use to really nice and sharp picture. 

And not 24 inch 1080p just doesn't cut it any more. 

So yeah is the picture noticeably better and sharpness wise is it looking sharper? 

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, TheHuskyOne said:

Hi, I have a question for the people with 27 inch 1440p monitors out here. 

Is the picture quality noticeably better than 24 inch 1080p? Or is it about the same as it have only 17ppi more.? 

Was using 28 inch 4k with 125% scaling and got use to really nice and sharp picture. 

And not 24 inch 1080p just doesn't cut it any more. 

So yeah is the picture noticeably better and sharpness wise is it looking sharper? 

Thanks. 

I'm sure this is pretty subjective, but I would say yes the difference is noticeable, especially if you play with 1440p for a bit and then go back to 1080p. I think it's definitely worth it, but of course everyone's gonna have their opinions.

well its about 18% sharper from the same viewing distance, pretty sure you will feel the difference :D

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

As a owner of a 27 inch, 1440p monitor, I can definetely tell you there's a huge improvement from a 24 inch 1080p. As mentioned above, it is the sweetspot. 

Intel i7-4790K | MSI GTX 980 Ti | Asus Maximus Vii Hero | HyperX 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & HDD 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 750W |

Asus Rog Swift PG278Q | Razer Chroma Ultimate | SteelSeries Rival | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism | Corsair Obsidian 750D | http://imgur.com/a/GNqFP