Slow transfer speeds

So I just got my server up and running Unraid on it.  When I transfer files, the first 2GB moves at gigabit speeds (100-130MBps).  But after that it drops to like 4-5MBps.  Why is it doing this?

Do you have a SSD setup as the cache? Do you have a "killer gaming" NIC? Software that comes with that plays with QoS. 4-5MBps is pretty bad, so you're right to be concerned. How fast are your read speeds? (Transferring from NAS > PC)

2 minutes ago, Mikensan said:

Do you have a SSD setup as the cache? Do you have a "killer gaming" NIC? Software that comes with that plays with QoS. 4-5MBps is pretty bad, so you're right to be concerned. How fast are your read speeds? (Transferring from NAS > PC)

I haven't tested it.  Everything seems to be Gigabit ethernet including the switch it's attached to.  No cache atm, just 3 250GB HDD's one in Parity.

EDIT: Tested it, very slow from Nas > PC.  15-20MBps.

If the transfer is lots of small files when you are getting 4-5MBps transfers, then this is normal. If you are transferring one big file and getting bad speeds, then you will- need to diagnose further.

My native language is C++

3 hours ago, Snaeb said:

I haven't tested it.  Everything seems to be Gigabit ethernet including the switch it's attached to.  No cache atm, just 3 250GB HDD's one in Parity.

EDIT: Tested it, very slow from Nas > PC.  15-20MBps.

15-30mbps could be about all you're going to get depending on your unraid server. Assuming the 250gb are older and used drives I assume the unraid box is about the same age range. With unRaid you'll only get the performance of a single drive, and then you need to further reduce that because the CPU will need to handle parity calculations.

As @Kyle Manning points out, if you're moving a large number of files at once you can definitely dip down to 4-5mbps. Even my SSD cries when I move 100,000 10kb png files. (Map render for a minecraft server).