PC Build advice

JheLim

Hi,

Good day..

Just want to seek some of your professional tips/advise regarding building a PC.

I live in Dubai and have limited budget only. Project budget is around 1,000USD.  (some of the price here are a bit costly)

My main concern is I want to use the i7 and the GTX 960. Any suggestions on other parts is highly appreciated.

With a pretty descent case and CPU cooler on a budget is nice too.

Any recommendation of online store that has a cheap shipping cost that can ship in UAE.

CPU - Intel i7 4790

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 960 2gb

RAM - Kingston Hyper x Fury 1600mhz - 2x8gb

SSD - Samsung Evo 120gb

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm - 1tb

Power supply - EVGA Supernova G1 650watts

CPU cooler - Aerocool V6 GT

Case - Aerocool GT - A

PS I am going to use the build on gaming and some rendering works.

Thanks a lot in advance.

No point in getting the i7 4790 with a Z97 motherboard. What you want is the Xeon 1231 v3 and a H97 instead.

The R9 380 would be the better choice unless you'll be utilising CUDA which I doubt. The R9 390 (or GTX 970, depending on which is cheaper) would be a great choice if it's within your budget.

The PSU isn't the best, try to go for the EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

No point in getting the i7 4790 with a Z97 motherboard. What you want is the Xeon 1231 v3 and a H97 instead.

The R9 380 would be the better choice unless you'll be utilising CUDA which I doubt. The R9 390 (or GTX 970, depending on which is cheaper) would be a great choice if it's within your budget.

what this guy said ^^^^^

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

Skylake?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:
1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Thanks for your quick response. Budget is an issue. :) 

I must stick on my GPU. (i hope just for now)

I'll check the price of this EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2 if it's within my budget. What would you recommend for a budget of $100?

What H97 board can you recommend please? :)

1 minute ago, JheLim said:

Thanks for your quick response. Budget is an issue.  

I must stick on my GPU. (i hope just for now)

I'll check the price of this EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2 if it's within my budget. What would you recommend for a budget of $100?

What H97 board can you recommend please? 

The 550W G2 should be under $100.

If not, any 500W PSU in tiers 1-3 from this list would be good choices:

As for the H97 motherboard; probably a ASRock Anniversary or ASRock PRO4.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

On February 25, 2016 at 4:28 PM, HKZeroFive said:

The 550W G2 should be under $100.

If not, any 500W PSU in tiers 1-3 from this list would be good choices:

As for the H97 motherboard; probably a ASRock Anniversary or ASRock PRO4.

The ASRock Annie is nice.

Just wondering if the i7 4790 is worth it? or should I go with the i5 4690k?

thanks all for the responses..

Just now, JheLim said:

The ASRock Annie is nice.

Just wondering if the i7 4790 is worth it? or should I go with the i5 4690k?

thanks all for the responses..

Pointless to go with the i5 4690K since you'll have to buy a Z97 motherboard to overclock it which will cost you more.

Like I said, the Xeon 1231 v3 is basically the same as the i7 4790 without the intergrated GPU and you can get it for the price of an i5.

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Pointless to go with the i5 4690K since you'll have to buy a Z97 motherboard to overclock it which will cost you more.

Like I said, the Xeon 1231 v3 is basically the same as the i7 4790 without the intergrated GPU and you can get it for the price of an i5.

I saw that this CPU is categorize as a server CPU? Will this not be a problem?

Also, i'm confused with these two GPU. Searching local online store and found these. I can't see any difference aside from physical appearance and price?

https://gear-up.me/graphics-card/pci-express/gigabyte-gtx960-4gb-128-active-2xd-h-3xdp-w2-d5.html

https://gear-up.me/graphics-card/pci-express/gigabyte-gtx960-4gb-128-active-2xd-h-dp-d5.html

36 minutes ago, JheLim said:

I saw that this CPU is categorize as a server CPU? Will this not be a problem?

Also, i'm confused with these two GPU. Searching local online store and found these. I can't see any difference aside from physical appearance and price?

https://gear-up.me/graphics-card/pci-express/gigabyte-gtx960-4gb-128-active-2xd-h-3xdp-w2-d5.html

https://gear-up.me/graphics-card/pci-express/gigabyte-gtx960-4gb-128-active-2xd-h-dp-d5.html

Looks like a bigger blower design and it's slightly longer. I think that's why it's more expensive.

This specific Xeon is basically an i7 which means it'll be great for both gaming and rendering. You've got nothing to worry about.

Spoiler

23 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Looks like a bigger blower design and it's slightly longer. I think that's why it's more expensive.

This specific Xeon is basically an i7 which means it'll be great for both gaming and rendering. You've got nothing to worry about.

Thanks a lot for the help. Finalizing my build and hope to buy the parts soon.. :)