How is this build?

can't overclock non-k skylake any more man... sorry

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

2 hours ago, Codyman125 said:

can't overclock non-k skylake any more man... sorry

Wasn't really planning on it. Reason I have the Z170 board is so that in the future I could upgrade to an overclock able i5 or i7. Thanks for warning me anyway though!

7 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

How is this build?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P4hf6h

If I got it I would keep the graphics card until Black Friday and then I would sell it and new better one. 

Main use will be for gaming and I will be gaming at 1080p.

this would be better...here's why:

i picked a case that is better and cost less money (check it out it's an amazing case for the price...)

Changed the PSU again for something better but cheaper...

let go the SSD for now, spend more on a powerful GPU and consider an SSD for upgrade LATER when you have money for it instead.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($274.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($58.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $772.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-24 21:50 EST-0500

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 hours ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

For a budget build this is just about perfect, however personally I'd drop the SSD and try and step up to an R9 380X / R9 390.

I wouldn't mind putting up with lower fps for a while. The reason I am spending less on the GPU is due to Polaris/Pascal coming out soon. I don't want to wait to build my computer that long (I have been waiting for a long time), however I still want to have one. I just plan to buy one around Black Friday and sell the 380.

3 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

I wouldn't mind putting up with lower fps for a while. The reason I am spending less on the GPU is due to Polaris/Pascal coming out soon. I don't want to wait to build my computer that long (I have been waiting for a long time), however I still want to have one. I just plan to buy one around Black Friday and sell the 380.

double check the build i posted...its well worth it.

i highly doubt polaris or pascal will offer that level of GPU horsepower for less than 275$ man.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i highly doubt polaris or pascal will offer that level of GPU horsepower for less than 275$ man.

I am planning on spending more than $275 when I upgrade. Also, I incorporated the case and psu into my build. 

1 minute ago, nick5530 said:

I am planning on spending more than $275 when I upgrade. Also, I incorporated the case and psu into my build. 

but what if you DO NOT need to upgrade...the 390 will satisfy 1080p gaming on high/ultra for a long time...the 380 will not...it's quite a bit weaker and you'll lose a lot of money by reselling it.

...and prices on SSD drop every day...the more you wait the bigger you'll be able to get one for your money...wait on it.

R9 390 vs R9 380

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-R9-390-vs-AMD-R9-380/3481vs3482

With a 390, you can probably skip the Polaris/Pascal round.

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

How hard is it to transfer the OS from the hard drive to SSD?

you can clone it it take 5 minutes...super easy.

I've done it multiple times (i have 3 SSD now)

you can clone it it takes 5 minutes...super easy.

What is the hard drive has more stuff on it than the SSD can handle? 

6 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

What is the hard drive has more stuff on it than the SSD can handle? 

you copy the extra stuff somewhere else (on USB sticks or another harddrive) then you clone the remaining files to the SSD...

or you just re-install your windows fresh on the SSD and dont worry about it..

8 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

Just get a 240-256GB SSD and leave the hard drive out for the initial build.

Just now, stconquest said:

Just get a 240-256GB SSD and leave the hard drive out for the initial build.

that could be an option as well...

or i guess you could just include this 120GB SSD to the build for your OS and some programs...it's dirt cheap...35$

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=125124&vpn=AVSSDV100ZZ-128GB%20%28V1%29&manufacture=Avexir

it's a good SSD too...quite fast for the price actually. and looks cool.

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that could be an option as well...

or i guess you could just include this 120GB SSD to the build for your OS and some programs...it's dirt cheap...35$

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=125124&vpn=AVSSDV100ZZ-128GB%20%28V1%29&manufacture=Avexir

it's a good SSD too...quite fast for the price actually. and looks cool.

I would like at least 250gb for my SSD. Also, how did you gets the parts to show up like that on the build you showed?

2 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

I would like at least 250gb for my SSD. Also, how did you gets the parts to show up like that on the build you showed?

you click ''BB CODE'' ( [bb] ) and then copy and paste that into the forum.

you can start with that 120GB SSD and buy a 500GB SSD for the price of a 250GB in 3 or 4 months from now.

nothing wrong with having multiple SSD's like i said i have 3 in my system right now.

...and the prices are falling by the day like i said.

you click ''BB CODE'' ( [bb] ) and then copy and paste that into the forum.

you can start with that 120GB SSD and buy a 500GB SSD for the price of a 250GB in 3 or 4 months from now.

nothing wrong with having multiple SSD's like i said i have 3 in my system right now.

That would be a good plan. I just don't think I could fit my programs on it. I just had to replace the hard drive in my laptop and have already used over 150gb.

Just now, nick5530 said:

That would be a good plan. I just don't think I could fit my programs on it. I just had to replace the hard drive in my laptop and have already used over 150gb.

my windows is installed on a 64gb SSD and believe it or not i still have 10GB free and i even have some programs and all my drivers on it...

on the 120GB SSD you can install your OS and the programs you use the most (web browser, msi afterburner, steam, nvidia stuff, drivers etc.) and it will all fit just fine i'm sure...and the bigger ones like if you use photoshop for example those should go to your harddrive for the time being and later when you get the other bigger SSD you can install them there...

my windows is installed on a 64gb SSD and believe it or not i still have 10GB free and i even have some programs and all my drivers on it...

on the 120GB SSD you can install your OS and the programs you use the most (web browser, msi afterburner, steam, nvidia stuff, drivers etc.) and it will all fit just fine i'm sure...and the bigger ones like if you use photoshop for example those should go to your harddrive for the time being and later when you get the other bigger SSD you can install them there...

I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying only have the 120 gb SSD.

I have been using a single 240GB SSD for years now.  I have 6-8 games installed right now and have 92 GB free... just don't store video on it and you will be fine.

Honestly, your first build looks fine. take the PSU and case from the second, and you'll be golden. If you want Pascal, then do it, lol. Lord know I don't need a 980Ti for my 1440p screen to play rocket league, but it makes me happy, so screw the haters

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

2 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying only have the 120 gb SSD.

i think you can fit the 120gb SSD and a 1tb HD on the budget...do you want me to re-work the list so that it cost the same?