Raid Controller for raid 5 array with 4TB Drives

Hi,

right now i'm using a dell PERC 6/i with three 2TB drives in raid 5. i want to switch to a larger array with 3 or 4 4TB drives in raid 5.

unfortunately the Dell perc 6/i only supports drives up to 2TB. adding extra drives is not the option because i want to use this array for an other project.

can someone give me some advice about an affordable Raid card which supports my needs?

Thanks in advance

Id like to know too on this topic. that dell card is in what machine? I have a poweredge sc1430 5/i I wanna upgrade it too. if I use 4/2T drives in raid 5 with that card 6/i should work? 

the 6/i can support up to 8 drives so you could do 4x 2TB Raid array. the problem i'm having with it, is the fact that it doesn't support drives larger than 2TB.

that is why i want another one which does support drives larger then 2TB.but so far nobody came with a solution for my problem.  i'm running my 6/i in a self build server. it is comming from a Dell poweredge 2950.

Ive been looking with NO success either. I want to run FreeNas to test. the mobo max out at 8gigs plus i'm reading 1 gig per terabyte. so 4 2T drives should work. is the i/6 3GBPs? or 6Gbps? it will run raid 5 correct? want to use WD red drives. looking for a card I can use to at 6Gbps on the sc1430. Ill look and post again.

Have you looked at the Highpoint 2720? I just set it up in  my machine last weekend and I'm loving the ease of use and setup. 

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Ive been looking with NO success either. I want to run FreeNas to test. the mobo max out at 8gigs plus i'm reading 1 gig per terabyte. so 4 2T drives should work. is the i/6 3GBPs? or 6Gbps? it will run raid 5 correct? want to use WD red drives. looking for a card I can use to at 6Gbps on the sc1430. Ill look and post again.

the PERC 6/I is a 3gbps card. it will run raid 5 perfectly so if u are using wd red 2TB drives it schould be fine.

Have you looked at the Highpoint 2720? I just set it up in  my machine last weekend and I'm loving the ease of use and setup. 

Yes i did. the problem with that card, is that it isn't a true raid controller. it is a software raid solution. i want a dedicated raid card with it's own SOC because it is going to be placed i a very low power motherboard with a very low power cpu in it. 

after some research i think i finally found a card which will fulfill my needs. i think i will go for the Adaptec 5805.

it is a true raid controller (so no software raid). it supports drives larger than 2.2TB. it can run raid 0, 1, 1E, 5, 5EE, 6, 10, 50 and 60. and it support the 3TB WD RED drives i'm planning on using.

if anyone has other ideas about this or other cards, feel free to comment.