980 ti runs on 16x1.1 under load

Pat-Roner

Hi,

I got a Gigabyte 980ti extreme connected to a msi z170i itx board. 

I'm running win10 with latest Nvidia driver installed (361.91), and gpu z reports that my card is running on 1.1 istead of 3.0.

This is also under heaven load, AND when I press the question mark to start the render.

Any ideas?

Ncase M1 V3         Samsung Evo 850 2

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

2x8gb Corsair LPX 2400mhz

Msi z170i AC pro

Be quiet Shadow Rock LP                     Noctua NF-F12 x12 x3

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 960 256gb                 Corsair SF-450

Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming w/ Arctic Accelero Extreme 3

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Update/clean install drivers and motherboard BIOS. Have you noticed any low performance? 

I've updated the Mobo to the lasted BIOS, but I can try to clean install drivers.

Yes, only 17k firestrike with 1525mhz OC.  - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7619219

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Msi z170i AC pro

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

33 minutes ago, skjetne said:

I've updated the Mobo to the lasted BIOS, but I can try to clean install drivers.

Yes, only 17k firestrike with 1525mhz OC.  - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7619219

Those scores don't seem wrong, really. There's hundreds of users with the exact same setup getting the same scores or worse. A few users around the same score as you are getting lower graphics scores, but higher physics scores. 

Run GPU-Z's render test and see what the PCIe speed says. Also, monitor the speed of the card with GPU-Z when the card is under load. It may be set to 1,500MHz, but it may not actually be running at that speed. 

31 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Those scores don't seem wrong, really. There's hundreds of users with the exact same setup getting the same scores or worse. A few users around the same score as you are getting lower graphics scores, but higher physics scores. 

Run GPU-Z's render test and see what the PCIe speed says. 

To me it does. - heres a run with my previous 980 ti at 1305mhz http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5376480

But according to this there dosen't seem to make that big of a difference. https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GTX_980_PCI-Express_Scaling/21.html only 3% on 4k.

But theres something going on, since I have a custom preset which I run after OC, and that has all of a sudden dropped 150pts.

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Msi z170i AC pro

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

Have you checked to make sure the card is fully seated? My 970 had an issue with flexing and pulled itself out of the slot over time. It would report random pcie speeds from x8 2.0 to x16 1.1 constantly til I figured out the issue.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

56 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

Have you checked to make sure the card is fully seated? My 970 had an issue with flexing and pulled itself out of the slot over time. It would report random pcie speeds from x8 2.0 to x16 1.1 constantly til I figured out the issue.

Just tried, and still the same problem. I was able to press it in a little bit though! 

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Msi z170i AC pro

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1