Random Mechanical Keyboard

hazardouschurch

So i was at the thrift store and found these beauty's last touched in 1987 if the tags are accurate. I have been searching to try and find a model number i have honestly no idea what it is. The switches are cherry switches cherry black?. They both are missing the case and are a non-standard layout :/. The modifier keys are weird. The chips on the board are decoders/demultiplexers so they are jellybean parts. I am going to try to hook this up to an arduino and see if i can get it to work. If not i will use the vintage switches in a new keyboard that i can make they only cost me 2$ anyways.

Pics in spoiler

Spoiler

Part numbers for the ic's sn74ls156n for the first 2 left to right one is Texas instruments and the other is Motorola. The 3rd is mc14051b and the 4th is lm339n

They all run off of 5 volts so I'm going to try to poke around and see if i can figure it out.

Spoiler

20160223_000049_zpspdafyi30.jpg20160223_000057_zpsvyouwthh.jpg20160223_000105_001_zpsrianky33.jpg20160223_000159_zpsqz1vxxpf.jpg

1 minute ago, hazardouschurch said:

It was one 1$ each a 50% off day lol :D

Can you post full pictures of each keyboard?

So I figured out the wiring by tracing it out :dry: so I know which pins are power etc. It looks to all be 5 volt which is nice. Just need life to let up to hook it all together and figure out what it is saying.