Why is this not a sentence?

Kingcomicbook
Go to solution Solved by Ddave,

It lacks... something.

It doesn't make complete sense ?

Here's my fix:

"We are doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children."

We = subject

are = linking verb

others = predicate ?

Question: Who is doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children ?

Answer: We

Question: What are we doing ?

Answer: Everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children

"Doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children is a noble act."

Don't know how to explain this one.

It's been a while since I went to the technicalities of the language so I can't recall everything, but I hope you get what I mean. :)

My English teacher says this is not a proper sentence : "Doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children."

Why is this not a proper sentence?

no noun

who's doing the doing

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

It lacks... something.

It doesn't make complete sense ?

Here's my fix:

"We are doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children."

We = subject

are = linking verb

others = predicate ?

Question: Who is doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children ?

Answer: We

Question: What are we doing ?

Answer: Everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children

"Doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children is a noble act."

Don't know how to explain this one.

It's been a while since I went to the technicalities of the language so I can't recall everything, but I hope you get what I mean. :)

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

11 minutes ago, Kingcomicbook said:

My English teacher says this is not a proper sentence : "Doing everything from aiding the escape of slaves to giving equal education to black children."

Why is this not a proper sentence?

As @PCgamer324 said, there's no noun/subject in the sentence. As it stands now it's just a phrase. There also could be a comma between 'slaves' and 'to;' but depending on the new sentence, I think it could be optional? English grammar (really, the English language as a whole) is one of the most irrational and confusing things ever.