Surround Suggestions? (Yea Again I know)

Fullmetal1212

Hey Guys, So I just had a good Tango with a Predator X34. I’m Returning it.

Now that your mouths hang open in disgust, let me explain.

First, this is for a cockpit, that was running 3 Dell 248WFPb 1920x1200, 60hz, 6ms GTG. These are very Power Hungry, have huge bezels (38mm together), Produce Huge heat, and weigh enough they are bending my monitor arms.

My tango with this 21x9 was awesome, the 4ms is fantastic, the aspect is phenomenal, 100hz is beautiful. Heres the issue. Screen Tearing, and immersion.

Immersion Flat out sucks in comparison. Just not enough,

BUT WAIT IT HAS GSYNC! 

well as i learned  Gsync only works above 30 fps, and under 144, Okay I’m in the Range. ~110 on Warfare, ~50 everywhere else.  All is gold right? Well no in fact, as i had Gsync on from the beginning, I didn’t see it at first. But I went after Trying sync on and off, verifying the frame rates with dxtory. The only solution to it, turn off Gsync, and Even with Vsync off, 0 Tears. And better frame-rates. (Warframe ^ to ~150 fps, others up to ~50fps).

as Beautiful as it Is, $2000 for a monitor, is far too much to loose immersion, not have its features work, especially when I could spend similar for less.

So I want to get Surround again. I have my Eyes set on Dell U2417H Monitors. 

Link = https://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=210-AHGF

Pro’s

-Smaller Bezels (38mm < 12mm)

-Newer Panel (VA < IPS)

-Less Power (100watt min < 60 watt max)

-Less Heat!!!! ^ (The Difference when I switched was appalling)

-Lighter & Thinner

-Cheaper ~$500

-Stock Mount Plate Can be used to mount it to my Cockpit. Quick Detach is awesome.

-24” - I know it fits and at my viewing distance its just about right for size.

“Meh” 

-60hz, to be honest most my games don’t need above this as I cant run most over 60fps with surround (Thanks 780) I’m interested in keeping the 100 hz if possible.

-16x9 - Most people like this but when the setup is so wide the 16x10 aspect is especially nice. (its not a huge requirement.)

-Stock Mount Plate Can be used to mount it to my Cockpit. Quick Detach is awesome.

-Panel Type, as long as it isn't a TN panel I am good. IPS preferred. 

Con’s

-Same Response Time. The 4ms response of the predator made a huge difference.

So My ask is this, As I have been out of the game for awhile.

Is there anything new that I am missing since the Dell U2417H?

Budget is about $500cad A monitor, (Flexable, over all Max is probably $2200)

Throw me your Suggestions, Thanks for reading,

I’m off to research more monitors, and feasibility of a Port 16x9:Land 21x9:Port16x9 setup.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?