Data harddrive disappeared from windows explorer out of no where

eric95204

I have a 240gb boot ssd and a 3tb seagate hard drive (yes i know they are infamous for failing, but its been going strong for 3years) and when i was listening to some music i had on the 3tb, the music suddenly stopped and vlc gave me errors. then i notice in windows explorer that the hard drive was no longer appearing. I restarted my computer and it still didnt appear. After opening my pc i moved around all of the sata connector and booted it up and i worked. The 3tb was showing up again and the s.m.a.r.t. data was saying that it was still running at 100% with no  issues. What could had happen? SHould i be worried and backup my drive or was it just noting  

Take a look in the bios, see if it shows up there.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

may have had a loose connection on the sata cable 

• CPU i7 4790k 4589.16MHz, Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe USB 3.1, RAM Corsair dominator platinum 16 gb 3977.3 MHz, GPU Nvidia 3080, Case Corsair 750d, Storage Samsung 850 pro 512gb, WD black 2tb, PSU Corsair HX1000i, Cooling Corsair H110i, Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB, Mouse Logitech G502 RGB, Monitor S2721DGFA, Sound Bose surround system, Operating system Windows 10