[UK] £10 16.4ft RGB Waterproof LED lights

Freddy__HH

Anyone own this? Can't wrap my head around how its powered?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Just now, c_marriott said:

I believe they're powered by the 4 pin plugs, aka fan headers?

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

1 minute ago, c_marriott said:

yea i used to have one just like it, you can either plug it into your power supply (i think) but it does come with a power brick

2 minutes ago, c_marriott said:

oh and how do u get your PC specs under your name?

Just now, Freddy__HH said:

yea i used to have one just like it, you can either plug it into your power supply (i think) but it does come with a power brick

I've just ordered it, I'll contact the supplier to find out exactly

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

1 minute ago, Freddy__HH said:

oh and how do u get your PC specs under your name?

Make a signature in profile

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

On 2/21/2016 at 8:21 AM, c_marriott said:

I've just ordered it, I'll contact the supplier to find out exactly

they should be good :D

On 2/21/2016 at 8:22 AM, stealth80 said:

Make a signature in profile

Just now, Freddy__HH said:

they should be good :D

Going to set up behind my desk to give a subtle blue glow, should look pretty good!

1 minute ago, c_marriott said:

Going to set up behind my desk to give a subtle blue glow, should look pretty good!

Nicene

You need to have a 5.5*2.1mm DC barrel adapter to power these, those 4pin connectors you see are RGB connectors and plug into the controller unit NOT fan headers, trying to plug them in anywhere else but the RGB controller will fry the LEDs and most likely fry whatever you plug it into.

if you want to connect them to your PC you will need a 5.5*2.1mm DC to molex connector, which you can find > Here <

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Just now, AddonCustoms said:

You need to have a 5.5*2.1mm DC barrel adapter to power these, those 4pin connectors you see are RGB connectors and plug into the controller unit NOT fan headers, trying to plug them in anywhere else but the RGB controller will fry the LEDs and most likely fry whatever you plug it into.

if you want to connect them to your PC you will need a 5.5*2.1mm DC to molex connector, which you can find > Here <

Thanks for the help xD

2 minutes ago, AddonCustoms said:

I don't want to plug it in my PC, will need to be the mains, could you suggest one for that?

I don't want to plug it in my PC, will need to be the mains, could you suggest one for that?

it will come with a wall plug

1 minute ago, Freddy__HH said:

it will come with a wall plug

I've asked the supplier about it, in the photo for the product it just shows a connector with bare wires, no actual plug

I've asked the supplier about it, in the photo for the product it just shows a connector with bare wires, no actual plug

hmmm right ask them if it comes with one

5 minutes ago, c_marriott said:

Something like this is what you need > LINK

2 minutes ago, Freddy__HH said:

hmmm right ask them if it comes with one

It doesn't, one of the questions asked by someone is if it includes a power supply and seller replies no.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

16 minutes ago, AddonCustoms said:

Something like this is what you need > LINK

It doesn't, one of the questions asked by someone is if it includes a power supply and seller replies no.

Seems simple enough, thanks!

Ordered one too. Gonna use a universal wall adapter to power it.

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

• 2 weeks later...

So got my package today. Anyone else too?

23b3018d-e905-4ac8-847d-e22793e22cd3.jpg

C83167DB-C426-4434-80AC-260583296372.jpg

D2C9B881-B1E7-4B67-AC7E-F16620D3A797.jpg

Would have shown them on but I have misplaced my 12v DC plug.

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64