Gtx 950 laying on its side?

So I'm attempting to do a desk build with a new graphics card and a mobo but I have no idea how to properly lay down the card. Any riser cable I could try would have to go over the cpu cooler but, for obvious reasons that wouldn't work. I need about 10 inches of cable without and obstructions from mobo to card. Any help would be great. 

Can you supply pictures?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

You could route out a bit of the underside of the desk so that it would create an air channel for the GPU. While this isn't optimal the 950 isn't a hot GPU and wouldn't be a big deal.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

32 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

Can you supply pictures?

At the moment I'm just making the layout to see how I can get this to work. If you want a picture of my diagram I can give you that. 

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

You could route out a bit of the underside of the desk so that it would create an air channel for the GPU. While this isn't optimal the 950 isn't a hot GPU and wouldn't be a big deal.

Unfortunately that wouldn't be an option. The desk itself is about as thick as the card is tall