Screen resolution too low

Bruu Betyr

I just turned on my computer it was at a fine resolution, then i restart it and it goes way too low. I try to change it in display settings back to 1080x720 but its grey and unselectable. I then go in advanced text sizing and other items and it says i cant resolution, your resolution is lower than 1024 x 768 and the change resolution setting is unselectable. I then try to update my drivers but they are all fully updated. I dont know what to do

3 hours ago, Bruu Betyr said:

I just turned on my computer it was at a fine resolution, then i restart it and it goes way too low. I try to change it in display settings back to 1080x720 but its grey and unselectable. I then go in advanced text sizing and other items and it says i cant resolution, your resolution is lower than 1024 x 768 and the change resolution setting is unselectable. I then try to update my drivers but they are all fully updated. I dont know what to do

Have you tried restarting again?

10 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Have you tried restarting again?

Of course i have, now i uninstalled the amd drivers and reinstalled them, i can now change the resolution but none of the options are my resolution. My monitor is 16:10 1920 x 1200, but the option closet my resolution is only 1280 x 720. And in device manage-monitor it says my monitor is a Generic Non-PnP Monitor. I then select view-show hidden devices, and there are 3 extra unselectable monitors with the same name.

37 minutes ago, Bruu Betyr said:

Of course i have, now i uninstalled the amd drivers and reinstalled them, i can now change the resolution but none of the options are my resolution. My monitor is 16:10 1920 x 1200, but the option closet my resolution is only 1280 x 720. And in device manage-monitor it says my monitor is a Generic Non-PnP Monitor. I then select view-show hidden devices, and there are 3 extra unselectable monitors with the same name.

Try disconnecting the monitor from power for a minute.

27 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Try disconnecting the monitor from power for a minute.

Wow, i must be challenged. I cant believe i didnt try that before. It worked, thanks for your time