different monitors one desktop

DeNasty

would i be able to run a 4k 60 hz monitor and a 1080p 144 hz monitor on the same video card? I'm getting a evga 980 ti. i don't know if i can run both at the same time. i wanted the higher refresh rate that a 1080p 144 hz but don't want to miss out on the 4k i don't know whats gonna be better for gaming could someone give me any advice

1 minute ago, DeNasty said:

would i be able to run a 4k 60 hz monitor and a 1080p 144 hz monitor on the same video card? I'm getting a evga 980 ti. i don't know if i can run both at the same time. i wanted the higher refresh rate that a 1080p 144 hz but don't want to miss out on the 4k i don't know whats gonna be better for gaming could someone give me any advice

Yep. Will work fine.

4k isn't good imho for a single gpu yet.

1440p is again IMHO the sweet spot for single flagship gpu.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

5 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

You can't really game well on two monitors, but to have both and game on one would work fine 

well i was thinking that for solo games i could use the 4k for the better image and for multiplayer i could use the higher refresh would that work will i even be able to tell the difference in the refresh rate?

yes you will be able to. although I would only recommend gaming on one monitor at a time

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

45 minutes ago, DeNasty said:

well i was thinking that for solo games i could use the 4k for the better image and for multiplayer i could use the higher refresh would that work will i even be able to tell the difference in the refresh rate?

It depends on you and your eyes. If you're playing competetively (csgo, Dota, cod, basically anything where response matters) then higher refresh rate is better, for other games, I prefer higher resolution just for the experience. 

what about 2k is thats kinda like the middle ground between the two would i be getting the best of both? I've narrow my choices down to three one 1080p 144 hz one  2k 144 hz and a 4k 60 hz. oddly enough the 2k is more expensive and its even on sale its also the only one with g sync which i believe is important for gaming specifically