GTX 970 Overlocking Help

Go to solution Solved by Low_Battery,
10 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Hi, so I have been interesting in overclocking my GTX 970 lately (MSI Twin Frozr), but I've been really wondering what the best way to go about it is. I have looked online, and I get that you usually go up in increments with usually the memory core clock first, then the other. The main question I guess I have is what do I do with the voltage? I am using afterburner and all I see is the power limit. If there is also some nice guides I've missed, those would be appreciated as well.

Thanks, sorry if I missed something I really shouldn't have missed :P.

Try OC'ing without increasing the voltage at first (you can increase the power % offset though). Once you start getting unstable, then try upping the voltage in low increments.

Hi, so I have been interesting in overclocking my GTX 970 lately (MSI Twin Frozr), but I've been really wondering what the best way to go about it is. I have looked online, and I get that you usually go up in increments with usually the memory core clock first, then the other. The main question I guess I have is what do I do with the voltage? I am using afterburner and all I see is the power limit. If there is also some nice guides I've missed, those would be appreciated as well.

Current system: CPU:I5 6600k 4.5Ghz, CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC, Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gamer, Ram:Adata XPG 4x2 2400, Graphics Card:MSi GTX 970 + Zotac 970, Hard drives:256gb SSD+1tb WD Blue, Case:Corsair Spec 01 Power Supply:XFX TS  750 watt Bronze, OS:Windows 10 64bit

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Try OC'ing without increasing the voltage at first (you can increase the power % offset though). Once you start getting unstable, then try upping the voltage in low increments.

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

Ok, that helped to clear everything up. Thanks.

Current system: CPU:I5 6600k 4.5Ghz, CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC, Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gamer, Ram:Adata XPG 4x2 2400, Graphics Card:MSi GTX 970 + Zotac 970, Hard drives:256gb SSD+1tb WD Blue, Case:Corsair Spec 01 Power Supply:XFX TS  750 watt Bronze, OS:Windows 10 64bit