RAM questions

Go to solution Solved by Frame Drops,

With i3 4150 i don't think you need more than 8 Gb so both 2x4 and 1x8 is fine but if you upgrade your processor to i7 than i will recommend to use 16 Gb so' for now i will recommend to buy 1x8 gb to leave another slot free for 8gb (only if you upgrade to i7).

about company both Kingston, and G skill are good but if you want to try out different brand than you can go for  corsair or A - DATA

So, I am planning on upgrading my ram from 4gb to 8gb.

I currently use 2x Team Elite 2gb PC3-10666C9 1333MHz

I use i3 4150, Biostar H81MHV3, and Gtx 960

I am planning on buying 2 4gb or 1 8gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz or Ripjawz 2 4gb or 1 8gb 1600mhz memory, 

the motherboard site says it can support dual channel 1600/1333/1066

these two RAMs and the RAM i'm using is not listed in the memory support

so, my question is, would i have trouble if i upgraded to 8gb? Which memory would you recommend? you can also recommend other RAMs if you like

You mother board specification say's it can support dual channel DDR3 1600/1333/1066 upto 16GB so don't worry, If your RAM follow this specification it will work fine. Another thing if you put higher speed memory than above mentioned For ex: if you put 1866MHz memory than also it will work but you will get only 1600 MHz and If you put more than 16 Gb memory ( ex : 32 Gb) than also it will work but it will not detect more than 16 Gb.

With i3 4150 i don't think you need more than 8 Gb so both 2x4 and 1x8 is fine but if you upgrade your processor to i7 than i will recommend to use 16 Gb so' for now i will recommend to buy 1x8 gb to leave another slot free for 8gb (only if you upgrade to i7).

about company both Kingston, and G skill are good but if you want to try out different brand than you can go for  corsair or A - DATA

8 hours ago, amit523dutta said:

8 hours ago, amit523dutta said:

You mother board specification say's it can support dual channel DDR3 1600/1333/1066 upto 16GB so don't worry, If your RAM follow this specification it will work fine. Another thing if you put higher speed memory than above mentioned For ex: if you put 1866MHz memory than also it will work but you will get only 1600 MHz and If you put more than 16 Gb memory ( ex : 32 Gb) than also it will work but it will not detect more than 16 Gb.

Thank you very much.