i need a screw...

Duluxdoggy
hi, i want to do a small mod to my chair, gonna lower the arms a bit, to do this im going to un bolt the arms from the underside of the chair, place a block of mdf, and use longer bolts, so i ordered some 80mm m6 bolts, but the thread pitch is different, im not an engineer and dont know what to order next, here is a pic of em side by side, the one on the right is the thread i need, the one on the left is m6x1.0. 

20130910_151521_zps3ac4a00a.jpg

To the hardware store!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Yep, your local hardware store is your best bed.

It wouldn't really be that comfortable to sleep on a hardware store :/

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

He made a typo and said "Bed"

Or Auto Part store. Most of them will have a thread template. You thread your fastener into the template and it confirms your thread type. They also sell spacers instead of using mdf/plywood. Can be of more convenience than walking through a big box hardware store.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

It wouldn't really be that comfortable to sleep on a hardware store :/

Hahahaha. :D I must've been half asleep when I wrote that.

OH WELL, NEED TO SHOPPING FOR SOME PAINT TOMORROW ANYWAY. JUST THOUGHT SOMEONE MAY OF HAD AN INCLIN

EDIT: oops, caps lock ftw

My guess is that there imperial - easy way to check is the size socket that fits on it.

having a stab i would say its a 1/4 inch coarse thread

here's some links to help

http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/Printable-Tools/US-Hex-Bolt-Sizes.pdf

http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/Printable-Tools/Metric-Hex-Bolt-Sizes.pdf

Its all about those volumetric clouds

OH WELL, NEED TO SHOPPING FOR SOME PAINT TOMORROW ANYWAY. JUST THOUGHT SOMEONE MAY OF HAD AN INCLIN

EDIT: oops, caps lock ftw

check what i said above

Its all about those volumetric clouds

check what i said above

sorry, i failed to check for updates, didnt notice your post, i went to a local hardware store (b&q) but they only stock metric, and i cant go off the had size as they are hex key bolts, i will take a shot and your estimate and order some qtr inch.