Dual Monitors

iLoveLogitech

So I recently bought a new LG monitor and I have my past monitor, and wanted a multitasking screen because why not, since its still usable , i only have 1 dvi adapter and my graphics card is a ASUS R9 270X,

since i now have 2 monitors, and 1 dvi adapter, my brother said i would need the "opposite" of the dvi adapter and said he knew nothing about it, so i thought to ask this community, any help will be appreciated.

Card_IO.jpg 

Wait what?  You have 2 DVI connectors.  You could probably also use HDMI or DisplayPort.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

Wait what?  You have 2 DVI connectors.  You could probably also use HDMI or DisplayPort.

I'm gonna guess his monitors are both vga

because i was told that the vga on the back of my computer could not be used for monitors thus having to use a dvi adapter to plug it in on the lower back of my computer.

The monitor is a LG 21.5" 60Hz 5ms GTG TN LED Monitor 22M37D-B.AUS

Just now, iLoveLogitech said:

because i was told that the vga on the back of my computer could not be used for monitors thus having to use a dvi adapter to plug it in on the lower back of my computer.

The monitor is a LG 21.5" 60Hz 5ms GTG TN LED Monitor

Does that monitor have any other video ports?  Otherwise, you'll have to grab another DVI to VGA Adapter.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Just now, Amazingasian said:

Does that monitor have any other video ports?  Otherwise, you'll have to grab another DVI to VGA Adapter.  

Be careful cause ones DVI-I and the others DVI-D

new monitor was the lg, old monitor is a acer AL1706

What are the bloody video connections on the back of the monitors?

oh crap, sorry, the number of the lg monitor is 

22M37D-B.AUS

That monitor has a DVI connector.  It should be white.  

yes, both monitors seem to connect to my computer using vga ports!

yay the answer i was looking for :P (sorry for the sarcasm)

are there any other connectors on the monitors?

1st picture: the back of the lg monitor

2nd picture: the back of my computer with the 1 dvi adapter

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

Also, of the 2nd image, you see 2 extra vga cables, that cable was suppose to connect the old acer monitor to the back of the computer, but to safe space until, i stored the old monitor away thus the cables, i left them there

on the back of the lg monitor, theres the vga and theres the other plug that plugs into the wall for power, obv