RAM + mobo problems

XVII

so i tried booting up my computer with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel. it didn't boot up but once I tried only one channel it booted up. I'm certain it is my motherboard. the 2 furthest away from my cpu, for my case it's black and white tor the z97s don't work.. but the two nearest to my cooler, work. can it work if I put the 2 sticks next to each other? or should I RMA my motherboard or just go for the easy route and return my memory, and go for an 8gb stick? but my biggest question is would the 8gb boot up if I put it next to each other? (white and black) 

Just RMA the board.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Just RMA the board.

that's gonna be a pain doing everything all over again, and taking off the cpu.. will it matter if I take off the cpu? is it easy to take off

Just now, XVII said:

that's gonna be a pain doing everything all over again, and taking off the cpu.. will it matter if I take off the cpu? is it easy to take off

Yes it will be fine, just take off the cooler and the CPU. Why keep a broken board when you can fix it though warranty, you will lose two slots so you will get less upgradability.

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Yes it will be fine, just take off the cooler and the CPU. Why keep a broken board when you can fix it though warranty, you will lose two slots so you will get less upgradability.

okay.. so I can RMA the board and taking off the cpu won't be a hassle? i got you.. thank you. and doing it left and right doesn't work right?

Just now, XVII said:

okay.. so I can RMA the board and taking off the cpu won't be a hassle? i got you.. thank you. and doing it left and right doesn't work right?

Pascal laptops guide