Help with building please

XVII

My computer doesn't even turn on.. Is there anything wrong with what I did on this 24 pin connector?

IMG_2999[1].JPG

The 4 pin section needs to be rotated 180 degrees (I think), this could've really damaged your PC.

(I hold no responsibility for damage of your PC if I am wrong)

Since that's a 20+4 pin it looks like the 4 pin isnt seated all the way, also it looks to me like it is flipped wrong

the little thing sticking out should be under the lip on the other side

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

check your front panel connections on your mobo

I assume its a z97s sli krait, right

I have the same mobo, and those connecters are always finnicky

try reversing some of the connecters, and make sure they are in the right places

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

The 4-pin power connector doesn't look seated all the way. Make sure everything else is seated completely as well.

5 minutes ago, jcw150 said:

The 4 pin section needs to be rotated 180 degrees (I think), this could've really damaged your PC.

(I hold no responsibility for damage of your PC if I am wrong)

is this okay>

IMG_3002[1].JPG

7 minutes ago, CJPowell27 said:

Since that's a 20+4 pin it looks like the 4 pin isnt seated all the way, also it looks to me like it is flipped wrong

the little thing sticking out should be under the lip on the other side

is that right? up there

plug in the 20 pin and should be good, it is a bit hard to tell when it isn’t in person but it looks right.  Make sure you press it down all the way

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

1 minute ago, CJPowell27 said:

plug in the 20 pin and should be good, it is a bit hard to tell when it isn’t in person but it looks right.  Make sure you press it down all the way

it's impossible to push in the 4 pin all the way, it's like stuck

Just now, XVII said:

it's impossible to push in the 4 pin all the way, it's like stuck

What power supply do you have?

31 minutes ago, Kiol said:

The 4-pin power connector doesn't look seated all the way. Make sure everything else is seated completely as well.

what color wires should the top be? red/black

Take pictures of the pins both on the motherboard and of the end of the cable so we can get a better idea.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

28 minutes ago, CJPowell27 said:

I got it in all the way but it still keeps turning on and off