Windows 8.1 Problems

idonthaveklutch

I am having a lot of trouble with my moms computer i built for her. So she's only used it about 3 times and for some reason the pc just restarts randomly. Sometimes it loads windows then restarts and other times it restarts in the BIOS. It also will load up a recovery menu which I can use but the PC restarts before I can select anything. The PC is a work PC and I can't format it. The specs are: Intel Pentium G3258, 8 GB DDR3 running at 1333 mhz, WD Blue 1 TB, MSI H81I Motherboard. 

1 minute ago, idonthaveklutch said:

I am having a lot of trouble with my moms computer i built for her. So she's only used it about 3 times and for some reason the pc just restarts randomly. Sometimes it loads windows then restarts and other times it restarts in the BIOS. It also will load up a recovery menu which I can use but the PC restarts before I can select anything. The PC is a work PC and I can't format it. The specs are: Intel Pentium G3258, 8 GB DDR3 running at 1333 mhz, WD Blue 1 TB, MSI H81I Motherboard. 

Reset the CMOS.

Confused - why have you built her a work PC?

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

3 hours ago, sushisharkjl said:

Reset the CMOS.

Confused - why have you built her a work PC?

her old one was too slow to run her accounting stuff

4 minutes ago, idonthaveklutch said:

Interesting build, but the H81 chipset doesn't support Haswell Refresh CPU's out of the box. If you haven't already, you'll need to update the BIOS to at least revision A4 for proper support. You can grab the latest BIOS update over here.

Hello Sir Idonthaveklutch,

have you tried plugging the pci-e cable into the 8-pin connector? this should solve your problem.

Hope this helps!