Overall Setup Suggestions

Hello forum!

I recently decided that I wanted to create a really nice overall setup. I have many changes in mind on top of what I've already done but could use any suggestions that people here on the forums have for me. 

What I have done:

The biggest change I've done is get the new desk. Nothing like a quick trip to Ikea to get a counter top and some shelves. I was only able to get one of the shelves that I wanted because they didn't have the right color for the other one so the black stand is just temporary until the new shelves come in. As for the bigger shelf, I'm not sure if I will keep that there because I don't know how much I like it yet. Let me know what you guys think. 

What I have planned:

- As you can see, all the colors are terrible. I am planning to paint the left wall gray and the wall the desk is up against white. What're all your thoughts on that?

- The carpet is awful, it was a left over rug that was in my living room and was brought down here into the basement. I have no idea what rug I would like to get yet so if anybody knows of a nice one that would help match this all but not stand out too much, I would love to hear it.

- The change I'm most excited for is that I am getting a 34" ultrawide curved 3440x1440p monitor. That will replace the two monitors I have there now and I will most likely be mounting that to the wall

- I will also be mounting a 44inch tv up on the wall above where the monitors are so I can use my xbox one, I'm going to wait until the walls are painted to do that. 

- Once I have everything finalized I absolutely need to take care of the cable management, I'm fully aware.

- The last thing I have planned is a carved wood stained world map for the left wall https://www.etsy.com/listing/265123708/carved-world-map-wall-art-wooden-world?ref=shop_home_active_4

Other than those things I don't know what else I can do to make this a really great setup. I would love to hear any suggestions the forum has and of course any criticisms there are, let me hear it.

Thanks for any help given!

IMG_3921.thumb.JPG.5d511987f8b4ec62910e3IMG_3922.thumb.JPG.8de1de5a87b1fe2b2964f 

in my opinion the setup should be personal and not really *scripted* if you put it that way i mean your plans looks good i cant really seem to come up with ideas that you should put in or change since you pretty much got all that coverd i guess if you want some small tips get some cable management stuff and an headset stand if you want everything lined up i guess. but the thing is its hard suggesting something to this setup when pretty much the whole room is getting refurbished 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

in my opinion the setup should be personal and not really *scripted* if you put it that way i mean your plans looks good i cant really seem to come up with ideas that you should put in or change since you pretty much got all that coverd i guess if you want some small tips get some cable management stuff and an headset stand if you want everything lined up i guess. but the thing is its hard suggesting something to this setup when pretty much the whole room is getting refurbished 

You're right that the setup should be original and unscripted, thanks!

Just now, cheshgoalie21 said:

You're right that the setup should be original and unscripted, thanks!

No problem now spread more MeMeS plez

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

2 hours ago, cheshgoalie21 said:

Hello forum!

I recently decided that I wanted to create a really nice overall setup. I have many changes in mind on top of what I've already done but could use any suggestions that people here on the forums have for me. 

What I have done:

The biggest change I've done is get the new desk. Nothing like a quick trip to Ikea to get a counter top and some shelves. I was only able to get one of the shelves that I wanted because they didn't have the right color for the other one so the black stand is just temporary until the new shelves come in. As for the bigger shelf, I'm not sure if I will keep that there because I don't know how much I like it yet. Let me know what you guys think. 

What I have planned:

- As you can see, all the colors are terrible. I am planning to paint the left wall gray and the wall the desk is up against white. What're all your thoughts on that?

- The carpet is awful, it was a left over rug that was in my living room and was brought down here into the basement. I have no idea what rug I would like to get yet so if anybody knows of a nice one that would help match this all but not stand out too much, I would love to hear it.

- The change I'm most excited for is that I am getting a 34" ultrawide curved 3440x1440p monitor. That will replace the two monitors I have there now and I will most likely be mounting that to the wall

- I will also be mounting a 44inch tv up on the wall above where the monitors are so I can use my xbox one, I'm going to wait until the walls are painted to do that. 

- Once I have everything finalized I absolutely need to take care of the cable management, I'm fully aware.

- The last thing I have planned is a carved wood stained world map for the left wall https://www.etsy.com/listing/265123708/carved-world-map-wall-art-wooden-world?ref=shop_home_active_4

Other than those things I don't know what else I can do to make this a really great setup. I would love to hear any suggestions the forum has and of course any criticisms there are, let me hear it.

Thanks for any help given!

Considering that this site is for techies, let's ask the obvious question. What are the products in your setup? Also, you've dual posted

2 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

Considering that this site is for techies, let's ask the obvious question. What are the products in your setup? Also, you've dual posted

I figured that different people pay attention to different threads more than others so I thought I would get a bigger audience by doing that. Of course if it is frowned upon then I can always have a kind moderator delete it. The products are down below:

2x Alex storage units

6ft Wood kitchen counter top

System

• CPUIntel Core-i7 4790k @4.5Ghz
  • MotherboardAsus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2
  • RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
  • GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW
  • CaseCorsair C70 Military Green
  • StorageSeagate Barracuda 1TB, Kingston V300 240GB SSD
  • PSUEVGA Supernova 750W G2 80+ Gold
  • Display(s)Dell 27inch 1920x1080, eMachines 23inch 1920x1080 (nothing special yet)
  • CoolingCorsair H100i
  • KeyboardLogitech G910 Orion Spark
  • MouseCorsair Vengeance M95
  • SoundCorsair H2100 Wireless Headset
  • Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit

Just now, cheshgoalie21 said:

I figured that different people pay attention to different threads more than others so I thought I would get a bigger audience by doing that. Of course if it is frowned upon then I can always have a kind moderator delete it. The products are down below:

2x Alex storage units

6ft Wood kitchen counter top

System

• CPUIntel Core-i7 4790k @4.5Ghz
  • MotherboardAsus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2
  • RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
  • GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW
  • CaseCorsair C70 Military Green
  • StorageSeagate Barracuda 1TB, Kingston V300 240GB SSD
  • PSUEVGA Supernova 750W G2 80+ Gold
  • Display(s)Dell 27inch 1920x1080, eMachines 23inch 1920x1080 (nothing special yet)
  • CoolingCorsair H100i
  • KeyboardLogitech G910 Orion Spark
  • MouseCorsair Vengeance M95
  • SoundCorsair H2100 Wireless Headset
  • Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit

Nice PC....would've gone with the R9 390, but it's still a nice build

3 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

Nice PC....would've gone with the R9 390, but it's still a nice build

Well this world will forever be AMD vs Nvidia. Also when I built this in the summer of 2014 the 390 hadn't come out yet and the 290 had been known for running hot so I went with the 970. Now that the 970 prices are going down and will be even more in the next few months, I'm looking to probably buy another and put it in SLI to run the Ultrawide that I will be getting.