HELP PLEASE

AgunneR
Go to solution Solved by NeoFrux,
Just now, AgunneR said:

Well.... Nothing... Could that mean I managed to fry my motherboard or am I being pessimistic?

That's probably a bit pessimistic. Do make sure that the power cables from the PSU to the motherboard are firmly seated, then try unplugging the power cord from the wall, reconnect the power switch, and hold it for about a minute. Let go, plug it back in, and give it another shot.

Hi all,

I just recently had my dog rip my headphones out of the front case headphone jack, rendering it useless. Today, I received the replacement and installed it. After installing it I pressed my power button and...... Nothing. No lights, sounds, nothing. (The only thing unplugged from my motherboard was the hd audio cable, which I replaced with the new one). I also returned to the old hd audio cable and still nothing. Please help!

Case-thermal take chaser a31 

Let me know if you need to know anything else

Sounds like you might have pulled one of the wires going to your power switch, or else it was damaged when the dog ripped the audio jack out and it was hanging on by a thread. Try moving the reset switch connector to the power switch header on your motherboard and see if that makes a difference - If so, you might also need to repair or replace the power switch.

4 minutes ago, Runefox said:

Sounds like you might have pulled one of the wires going to your power switch, or else it was damaged when the dog ripped the audio jack out and it was hanging on by a thread. Try moving the reset switch connector to the power switch header on your motherboard and see if that makes a difference - If so, you might also need to repair or replace the power switch.

This made no difference :(

Hm, could be the reset switch is buggered, too. But just to cover the bases... The power cord is plugged in, and the switch on the PSU is on, right? If everything checks out on the basic level, try jumping the power switch pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver. If that still doesn't work, then there's something more going on here.

2 minutes ago, Runefox said:

Hm, could be the reset switch is buggered, too. But just to cover the bases... The power cord is plugged in, and the switch on the PSU is on, right? If everything checks out on the basic level, try jumping the power switch pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver. If that still doesn't work, then there's something more going on here.

Well.... Nothing... Could that mean I managed to fry my motherboard or am I being pessimistic?

Just now, AgunneR said:

That's probably a bit pessimistic. Do make sure that the power cables from the PSU to the motherboard are firmly seated, then try unplugging the power cord from the wall, reconnect the power switch, and hold it for about a minute. Let go, plug it back in, and give it another shot.

6 minutes ago, Runefox said:

HURRAH!!! I managed to loose the motherboards power cable whilst installing the new panel. Thank you so much for your help, rune fox.

Just now, AgunneR said:

HURRAH!!! I managed to loose the motherboards power cable whilst installing the new panel. Thank you so much for your help, rune fox.

Sweet! It never hurts to check the cables. Enjoy your newly replaced headphone jack!