Hey guys   so i am going to build a cheap nas running freenas for storing movies and stuff   it will be built from all used parts from reliable people on ebay   my config will consist of the Intel CPU-S5000SL dual socket mobo, 8gb ecc fully buffered ram, 1tb enterprise hdd and a 430w corsair psu     my question is this    for the same price, which is the better processor      the xeon x5260 or xeon e5320?    thanks a lot for any help!

4 minutes ago, nickgibboni1 said:

Hey guys   so i am going to build a cheap nas running freenas for storing movies and stuff   it will be built from all used parts from reliable people on ebay   my config will consist of the Intel CPU-S5000SL dual socket mobo, 8gb ecc fully buffered ram, 1tb enterprise hdd and a 430w corsair psu     my question is this    for the same price, which is the better processor      the xeon x5260 or xeon e5320?    thanks a lot for any help!

so  xeon x5260 is a faster dual core but the   xeon e5320 is a slower quadcore cpu which one you prefer!

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

5 minutes ago, nickgibboni1 said:

The 5260 is SLIGHTLY better with some improvements and I think it's about a year newer?  Though, why get that when you can get a Core 2 E8600 for 20$

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Just now, Marziman said:

The 5260 is SLIGHTLY better with some improvements and I think it's about a year newer?  Though, why get that when you can get a Core 2 E8600 for 20$

I am going to need 2 processors because of my choice of mobo and i can get either the x5260 or the e5320 for  $7-10

Quadcore anyday IMO.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

13 hours ago, nickgibboni1 said:

I am going to need 2 processors because of my choice of mobo and i can get either the x5260 or the e5320 for  $7-10

The X5260 is faster and has better single core performance than the e5320.  So get two x5260.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"