Mouse needed/wanted

Chris030

Hello guys,

As I have a thread going on about my first keyboard because of my new incoming setup, I also need a mouse (wow, much logic).

As your replies are really helpfull, I'll try with the mouse too ;-)

I currently own a small laptop mouse from Logitech (left & right click and a scrolling wheel). I usually tend to use my whole hand with the mouse and don't do some crazy postures with my fingers (claw grip and what not).

What my mouse would be used for: work/studies (clicking, dragging and scrolling) and casual gaming (shooter, etc.)

What I want: a nice neat long lasting mouse. It can have additional buttons (I only need to find a function to them ^^) but a few.

I've read names like: Logitech 502/602, Logitech MX Master, ...

What are you using and why? What would you suggest?

I've heard I should stop recommending it, but I love my G700s. Has the right amount of buttons (4) and enough profiles for whatever I need. It also has the clicky AND hyper fast scroll wheel, so it's nice to get the best of both worlds there. Also, it's wireless and rechargeable, and the wireless has just as good polling rates as when it's recharging (you can use it while it's recharging). All in all, it just fits what I use it for best, and has been perfectly reliable for over a year now (at least). So it gets my vote. Though I have not used the 502 or 602, so I can't really compare it.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

MX Master or Performance for productivity and light gaming, if you are a competitive gamer i would recommend a more gamer orientated mouse

21 hours ago, Matty2hatty said:

MX Master or Performance for productivity and light gaming, if you are a competitive gamer i would recommend a more gamer orientated mouse

What's the real difference between both mice?

I got to a shop today but they only had the MX Master and MX Anywhere (and other gaming mice which I tested).

I will probably get the MX Master but I'm just curious about the difference.

The MX Master fits good in my hand, is comfortable and all buttons are reachable without changing my grip!

1 hour ago, Chris030 said:

What's the real difference between both mice?

I got to a shop today but they only had the MX Master and MX Anywhere (and other gaming mice which I tested).

I will probably get the MX Master but I'm just curious about the difference.

The MX Master fits good in my hand, is comfortable and all buttons are reachable without changing my grip!

The Master has improved buttons and a different feel, i would feel both and make a decision. Another feature of the Master is that say if you pair it with your laptop and your pc via Bluetooth then you can switch which one you want to work/game on with a button on the underside of the Master.

This Page goes into more detail on the subject.

if you are looking for a simple and well built gaming mouse I would recommend the ttesports Theron it is 90$ and it has 3 programmable side buttons.  It is not RGB but it does have 7 different lights that you can customize and over all its a great buy

I got to the store and tested both. I decided to go with the MX Master, it felt better and the buttons are more accessible for me with my thumb.
Can't wait for it to arrive on Tuesday :D

EDIT: I got the mouse and I've been using it for nearly a week. The mouse feels great and fits well in my hand. All buttons are easy accessible, using the mouse is effortless and precise.

Thank you all!

Edited by Chris030