Memory overheat!!!

So basically my memory usage is reaching its limit, and it might overheat.

And I don't know how to reduce it, to avoid overheat. 

The problem is that I have 16 GB ram. 

Thanks. 

Screenshot (18).png

there can be otherp rogramms using that much ram (Adobe premiere for example or other editing software) or you have been playing games with memory leaks, try restarting your pc without opening addional programms and see what the memory says after 5 mins on desktop

As long as you have good airflow. It won't over heat.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Just now, Wotan said:

there can be otherp rogramms using that much ram (Adobe premiere for example or other editing software) or you have been playing games with memory leaks, try restarting your pc without opening addional programms and see what the memory says after 5 mins on desktop

First, thanks for replaying.

second, yes I have adobe but I am not running it at the moment, also I was playing. 

But this thing happened more than a time, this is the third time.

Thanks   

1 minute ago, Bittenfleax said:

As long as you have good airflow. It won't over heat.

Thanks for replaying. 

How can I reduce it. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Anonymous Helper said:

Thanks for replaying. 

How can I reduce it. 

Thank you.

The memory usage? Close the applications that use the most. If they use an abnormal amount. Re-install the application (if you can be bothered), due to it might be a memory leak caused by the program. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

3 minutes ago, Anonymous Helper said:

Thanks for replaying. 

How can I reduce it. 

Thank you.

you can use case fans to cool your rams, but don't worry cause rams don't go that heat. btw if you're using Win10 it sucks when using ram, he's just like chrome

1 hour ago, DEcobra11 said:

Eh... Unless you're using FBDIMMs or similar it won't overheat

There must be another reason for such memory usage like memory leak for example

1 hour ago, Bittenfleax said:

The memory usage? Close the applications that use the most. If they use an abnormal amount. Re-install the application (if you can be bothered), due to it might be a memory leak caused by the program. 

1 hour ago, Remon Salazar said:

you can use case fans to cool your rams, but don't worry cause rams don't go that heat. btw if you're using Win10 it sucks when using ram, he's just like chrome

Thanks everyone for replaying.

Q: What is memory leak?

yes, I have windows 10. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Helper said:

Thanks everyone for replaying.

Q: What is memory leak?

yes, I have windows 10. 

Thanks. 

Basically, memory leak is a situation, where the system/program uses it's allocated resources incorrectly, resulting in abundance of used RAM. It happens, when for example a program is closed, or attempts to clear it's data stored on RAM but fails to do so.

"Euler was a mathematical gangster" - Prof. Edwards Frenkel

10 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

TL;DR Version of memory leak:

Allocated memory by a process isn't released (?, I think that's the term for English... but not 100% sure :P)

4 minutes ago, ElectroShock said:

Basically, memory leak is a situation, where the system/program uses it's allocated resources incorrectly, resulting in abundance of used RAM. It happens, when for example a program is closed, or attempts to clear it's data stored on RAM but fails to do so.

Thanks.