PC Build for 2016

Sorkurie

Current build is 

MOBO: Crosshair V Formula Z

GPU: Gigabyte 770 4Gb V Ram

CPU:  AMD FX 6350 3.9hertz

PSU: Corshair 750w

RAM: DDR3 Vulcan 2400 hertz 16gigs

I am looking to upgrade my MOBO to Asus Hero VIII, Upgrade my CPU to Intel's new I7-6700K 4.00 GHz 8M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151" then change my Ram to Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (only getting 2 sticks to save up more money for expanding later) 

So HERE is my question. I assume my current build/processor is bottlenecking my 770. So! With this new parts, should I see a dramatic increase in performance? OR should I shell out some extra money and get the Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming? I am thinking that since the 900 series came out in 2014 they will most likely come out with a new series soon and I don't want to shell out a bunch of cash for a card that will be "outdated" soon. 

I am content with my gaming performance for now. So, I assume the 770 would work even better with these newer parts. Should I wait on the GPU and save my money on a newer series on Nvidia cards?

Compared to a FX 6350 you'll probably see some pretty good performance upgrades in games. Not insane, but good depending on the games you play.

The only thing I would advise is getting cheaper RAM, as it doesn't make a huge impact. (Barely any tbh)

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I think you should save your money for a newer series of cards. IF you're pretty happy with your performance with the FX and upgrade to the i7, you will see some frame increases.

Alright, I think I'll hold off on the GPU then. I'll save up later for a newer series. Thanks guys! This site is always quick to reply.

I would look at some 770 benchmarks and then compare them to your own. If there is a significant difference then maybe look at switching out your cpu. Maybe an i5 6500 if you are looking for a mid range chip that will unlock your gpu's potential. Or even something that still works on the AM3+ platform like a 8350 or higher. In terms on GPU upgrades, I would  wit for the next wave of AMD and NVidia cards to roll out and then either make an educated purchase of a new card or grab an old card for a discounted price. 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133