Thinking Portability

Nuluvius

I find myself contemplating ways to make an ultra portable build, here's why: I have an office on the second floor of my house where I work on occasion but I also currently spend a larger amount of time working in my living room with my kids, partner, dog, large leather sofa and roaring fire... Thus on the whole it's a more attractive place to work and play.

What I need is a build and supporting paraphernalia that allows for ultra portability - quick movement around the house from living room to kitchen to office up a flight of stairs and back down with minimal faffing around.

My current thoughts on this were to center the build around the Corsair 380t, thus a mini ITX build. I already know what I'm filling it with so components are off this particular topic. I'd considered some kind of minimalist, adjustable desk with wheels... sturdy enough to take x3 24" monitors on an integral stand. Wireless for all peripherals; keyboard, mouse, speakers/earphones. Essentially I'm thinking two parts: some kind of desk with wheels for the monitors and base unit and something like a couch master for the peripherals.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Is it even feasible? Can I do better portability wise? Perhaps there's already a solution out there?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

9 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

I find myself contemplating ways to make an ultra portable build, here's why: I have an office on the second floor of my house where I work on occasion but I also currently spend a larger amount of time working in my living room with my kids, partner, dog, large leather sofa and roaring fire... Thus on the whole it's a more attractive place to work and play.

What I need is a build and supporting paraphernalia that allows for ultra portability - quick movement around the house from living room to kitchen to office up a flight of stairs and back down with minimal faffing around.

My current thoughts on this were to center the build around the Corsair 380t, thus a mini ITX build. I already know what I'm filling it with so components are off this particular topic. I'd considered some kind of minimalist, adjustable desk with wheels... sturdy enough to take x3 24" monitors on an integral stand. Wireless for all peripherals; keyboard, mouse, speakers/earphones. Essentially I'm thinking two parts: some kind of desk with wheels for the monitors and base unit and something like a couch master for the peripherals.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Is it even feasible? Can I do better portability wise? Perhaps there's already a solution out there?

A laptop???

9 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

A laptop???

It's the obvious solution for sure :) However it's more expensive and more restrictive in terms components and upgrades.

I'd consider that route if I had to but for now lets try to keep on speculating on how to avoid it?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

17 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

It's the obvious solution for sure :) However it's more expensive and more restrictive in terms components and upgrades.

I'd consider that route if I had to but for now lets try to keep on speculating on how to avoid it?

I'll see what I can think up (can take a few min.)

@Nuluvius

I'm a bit lost about what your idea is. You not only want a easy moveable pc but you also want to move 3 monitors and all your peripherals about 5-7 times a week?

The pc isn't a problem, there are a lot of casses like this meant for the LAN-party going people. But at a LAN party you've usaly got a normal desk and just one monitor.

Do you really want to go through with this idea? If you think it is, what is the pc mostly ussed for and if gaming, what games and what resolution?