Is it worth getting an iPhone at this time of year?

atrash
Go to solution Solved by VerticalDiscussions,

Its totally worth as of now. If it was August or July, then not really at all, otherwise, go for it.

Question is as the title above.

Why an iphone you might ask? I just want to try something now. Never used an iphone before. And I don't quite like android tbh though I have an android tablet. My current phone is Lumia 950XL which is a wonderful phone btw (especially the amazing camera)

Is there new iPhone coming out soon? Which iPhone should I get for a first time ios user?

you have a android tablet, and your judging on that. go check out the Galaxy s6 and the NEXUS 6P

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

If rumours about the 5SE are true I'd say no but maybe you wait after march

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

2 minutes ago, LiamApex said:

you have a android tablet, and your judging on that. go check out the Galaxy s6 and the NEXUS 6P

It's not about the performance fyi. I've been using WP for so long I don't even care about it anymore. There's just something about it I'm not too keen on. 

1 minute ago, C0LL0SS0S said:

If rumours about the 5SE are true I'd say no but maybe you wait after march

Will it be available after march or its just the announcement?

4 minutes ago, atrash said:

Question is as the title above.

Why an iphone you might ask? I just want to try something now. Never used an iphone before. And I don't quite like android tbh though I have an android tablet. My current phone is Lumia 950XL which is a wonderful phone btw (especially the amazing camera)

Is there new iPhone coming out soon? Which iPhone should I get for a first time ios user?

Why do you even need a new phone, the 950XL isn't that old and it seems to me you like it a lot. 

Just now, atrash said:

It's not about the performance fyi. I've been using WP for so long I don't even care about it anymore. There's just something about it I'm not too keen on. 

normally apple doesn't take much time between announcement and release so probably march or early april

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

An iPhone is never "worth it".

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, atrash said:

i never said it was about performance, just read what i put

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

The iPhone 5se has not even been confirmed, nor has there been a date set for the presentation of the phone. Most likely if Apple stays true to their past it will cost more than it is worth. If you can afford an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus I would get that. Even though I'm a die hard Android fan the 6s gets me all excited. Otherwise you can get the iPhone 6 or wait for the unconfirmed device to come sometime and when it is released you will be told to wait for the iPhone 7

5 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Maybe not from a spec perspective, but you can't compare two different OS's with each other, iOS vs Android. They are what they are, and whatever you buy, that is what you get. I'd say getting an iPhone over an Android device could be "worth it" depending on your use. I bet you're not sitting with your Android phone running benchmarks all day long. Don't get me wrong, I like the Android OS, I'm a huge fan of Material design and all, but iPhone does it for me.

5 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Why do you even need a new phone, the 950XL isn't that old and it seems to me you like it a lot. 

I actually do like it a lot. I'm not abandoning it just yet. I only want to try something new. I can swap my sim from time to time. If there's one thing that really frustrates me on W10M is the Spotify app is really shit. LOL.I love my music a lot.

4 minutes ago, LiamApex said:

i never said it was about performance, just read what i put

I have actually. 6P is stupidly big and S6 I read has poor battery life shit ui.

i would suggest to wait for 2016 line up of android flagship to be released before considering whether to get an Iphone mainly the samsung galaxy s7 Family and LG G5 which will be announced in a few weeks time.

4 minutes ago, CasperEngl said:

Maybe not from a spec perspective, but you can't compare two different OS's with each other, iOS vs Android. They are what they are, and whatever you buy, that is what you get. I'd say getting an iPhone over an Android device could be "worth it" depending on your use. I bet you're not sitting with your Android phone running benchmarks all day long. Don't get me wrong, I like the Android OS, I'm a huge fan of Material design and all, but iPhone does it for me.

I just think Apple products are generally overpriced.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

14 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

A 64GB S6 is $672 on Verizon's website currently. A 64GB 6S is currently $750 on Verizon's website. A $70 premium for an Apple product is typical for the company and such has been their pricing practice for many years. I would say the extra OS stability and simplicity, as well as hardware quality (hold for the iPhone 5/5S which's quality control was trash) on Apple's part is worth the extra money. And to my knowledge the iPhone 6S/6S+ are the most powerful smartphones on the market currently.

It all depends on what you like though and whether or not you have a product/company bias.

I'll also throw in that almost none of these new phones are "worth it" if we're basing worth on bang for buck.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yes, they may very well be, but I've had some really nice customer service experience with them (having to return defect products, which might sound bad, but I reckon this could happen to ANY product, be it Android, Apple or Windows Phone) and that is why I'm sticking with it.

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I couldn't agree more!!! And because of the lack of updates for android,  I would stick to Nokia :) 

10 minutes ago, chicksoup said:

The iPhone 5se has not even been confirmed, nor has there been a date set for the presentation of the phone. Most likely if Apple stays true to their past it will cost more than it is worth. If you can afford an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus I would get that. Even though I'm a die hard Android fan the 6s gets me all excited. Otherwise you can get the iPhone 6 or wait for the unconfirmed device to come sometime and when it is released you will be told to wait for the iPhone 7

I'm currently looking at the 6S 64gb model. I'd love to get the plus but its so much heavier and larger than the 950XL. 

1 minute ago, Mi26 said:

i would suggest to wait for 2016 line up of android flagship to be released before considering whether to get an Iphone mainly the samsung galaxy s7 Family and LG G5 which will be announced in a few weeks time.

Early image leaks of the Galaxy S7 doesn't look that promising tbh. What about the LG G5 anyway? I'm not that updated with the current phone market/news

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

now while i think apple prices do need fixing. You get what you pay for. You want a silkly smooth os with a great ecosystem and great audio system plus optical audio out. i can't complain. I do not know why a 16gb still exists though...i'd like the 32 gb in its price slot with 64 in 32's etc...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

I couldn't agree more!!! And because of the lack of updates for android,  I would stick to Nokia :) 

Speaking of Nokia,both my 620 and 925 are on W10M now albeit just the insiders preview. Update ftw. ?

1 minute ago, atrash said:

I'm currently looking at the 6S 64gb model. I'd love to get the plus but its so much heavier and larger than the 950XL. 

Early image leaks of the Galaxy S7 doesn't look that promising tbh. What about the LG G5 anyway? I'm not that updated with the current phone market/news

IMO the 6s Plus isn't that heavy and the screen of the 6s is too small.

The LG G5 might have a dual display like the V10 or a new "always" on screen technology. It will probably also move the buttons to the sides and according to picture leaks they will attempt a dual camera design(I really hope the don't, because it's stupid, Apple is also rumored to try a dual camera design for the Iphone 7)

13 minutes ago, Whorax said:

A 64GB S6 is $672 on Verizon's website currently. A 64GB 6S is currently $750 on Verizon's website. A $70 premium for an Apple product is typical for the company and such has been their pricing practice for many years. I would say the extra OS stability and simplicity, as well as hardware quality (hold for the iPhone 5/5S which's quality control was trash) on Apple's part is worth the extra money.

It all depends on what you like though and whether or not you have a product/company bias.

I wouldn't buy the S6 either, though I know you were using it for a more apples to apples(fruits not brands) comparison.

One of my main issues with Apple is the proprietary nature of there products, they just don't let you expand on there hardware.  Once you get it, that's the phone you're going to be with(no expandable storage, self replaceable parts, etc.).  To add insult to injury they charge $100 between models with 16GB/64GB/128GB at the first jump you're paying over 2$ a GB.

I know most companies are guilty of corporate greed, but Apple is notorious.

12 minutes ago, chicksoup said:

IMO the 6s Plus isn't that heavy and the screen of the 6s is too small.

The LG G5 might have a dual display like the V10 or a new "always" on screen technology. It will probably also move the buttons to the sides and according to picture leaks they will attempt a dual camera design(I really hope the don't, because it's stupid, Apple is also rumored to try a dual camera design for the Iphone 7)

192gm vs 165gm is noticeably heavy in phone world IMO. Thats even heavier than the 6P. I kinda like the 6S size. But like I said, I just want to try out different OS. G5 sounds like an interesting phone but its android though.. (No offense to android fans)

7 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

32 minutes ago, atrash said:

I actually do like it a lot. I'm not abandoning it just yet. I only want to try something new. I can swap my sim from time to time. If there's one thing that really frustrates me on W10M is the Spotify app is really shit. LOL.I love my music a lot.

I have actually. 6P is stupidly big and S6 I read has poor battery life shit ui.

6p isnt big, s6 has a great UI now and battery life is fine. 

you talking out of your behind

you have 0 experience what so ever

1 hour ago, LiamApex said:

6p isnt big, s6 has a great UI now and battery life is fine. 

you talking out of your behind

you have 0 experience what so ever

awww did I hurt your feeling criticizing your fav phone?

25 minutes ago, atrash said:

awww did I hurt your feeling criticizing your fav phone?

Nope, your wrong that is all, and clearly immature by that comment.

and 'fav' is not a word. the correct word to use is favorite.