I3 vs Pentium

(2threads and 4?)Pentium G4400 vs I3 6100 (not choosing the i5  to save some for ssd)and btw how to choose between the 6100 and the 6300??

For BF4,TF2,AVA,GTA~~

Games will like GTA V will utilise those 4 threads and give a much better experience than a strictly 2-threaded Pentium.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

GTA and many other AAA games made after 2012 will outright refuse to run on a Pentium due to the dual cores.  The i3 would be best although I would perfer getting an i5 over an i3 and getting an SSD later.  The performance difference between an i3 and i5 is day and night.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

GTA and many other AAA games made after 2012 will outright refuse to run on a Pentium due to the dual cores.  The i3 would be best although I would perfer getting an i5 over an i3 and getting an SSD later.  The performance difference between an i3 and i5 is day and night.

Yeah a bit tight on the budget~how big is the difference~wouldnt it be ok if i play those games on high 1080p with a suitable gpu like gtx960 or r9 380~and hows the difference between 6100 and 6300

Just now, BaronKiller said:

Yeah a bit tight on the budget~how big is the difference~wouldnt it be ok if i play those games on high 1080p with a suitable gpu like gtx960 or r9 380~and hows the difference between 6100 and 6300

How tight of a budget?  The difference between the i3's is .1Ghz.  The 6300 isn't worth it.  Most games will handle 4 physical cores better than 2 physical and 2 hypothetical cores.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I would get the i5 and the ssd later on personally.  The ssd is going to give you the "illusion of speed" vs the actual system power an i5 would provide over an i3. 

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

about cpu            :             i3  6100   :  vs :   Pentium  : conclusion

Cores                  :                  2        : vs :   2             : both same 

threads                :                  4        : vs :   2             : i3 wins better performance in multitasking

hyper threading    :                 yes      : vs :   No           : i3 win HT is better than Non HT but still more cores is better than HT

Turbo boost         :                  No       : vs :  No            : both same

Clock speed        :            3.7 GHz     : vs :  3.3 GHz    : i3 win with more clock speed

If you are going to buy within this two cpu i3 is best no doubt.

Personal View : Normally games are GPU intensive like tom raider but some games are CPU intensive like GTA V so you will see good difference in FPS in those games. If you are dropping your idea to buy i5 for SSD than i will not recommend that idea because adding  a SSD is easier than replacing a CPU. with 4 cores i5 can easily beat i3 with hyper threading in multitasking and CPU intensive games. And turbo boost technology will help you in single task work, i5 6400 or i5 6500 is better choice than i3 6100.