Finally decided to do a build :D

IsaacDaGrazin

What I’m reusing:

My i5-4440 and a pair of 2x4 Kingston hyper x fury sticks

What I'm planning to get and why?:

This: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YHjZsY

I added another pair of Fury's to fill the slots up (why tf not? and plus its nice to have room to open a couple thousand programs)

I'm using the Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 cus its badass and well I like the colour and its compatible :3

The 212 Evo for alot better cooling than my shit only fucking fan in my entire fucking pc (in my current pc i have ONE Fan, no psu fan, no case fans, nuffin only a shitload of mesh)

The WD Black im getting for the 'Maximum performance for power computing.' and ofcouse i do need storage xD,  I do not plan on just getting an ssd any time soon since i dont know nuffin about them

R9 390 for serious gaming on high-medium settings (like dem hungry games gta, farcry etc...)

780t because its fucking beautiful and dem fans

and the psu for 'headroom' in the future since I may be upgrading

It will be used for:

Web browsing, watching youtube 1440p, games heavy ones like gta, farcry on medium to high settings,  maybe some animation every now and then, video rendering, I only plan on using one monitor (1920x1080 which is my current) but I may add another

I do not need any peripherals or an os as i will use Ubuntu (iz kewl rite?)

Why I'm upgrading?:

I do plan starting rendering and animations soon, gaming will most probably happen (right now i get an average of 60 fps on low-medium settings and low res, on hungry games, things look shiet), web browsing is fine but most of the time I normally have 20+ tabs open on ff, and other programs in the background such as: steam, blender, rhythm box, Libre Office, obs, Hardware Sensors Indicator (temps)  and with my current pc things do slow down quite a bit

so what do you think?

Just want your opinion on this guys! also any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I think this is a really solid build, however I would upgrade the GPU to maybe a 980 Ti or a 970.

I'd also maybe get an SSD if you have the budget. 

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

I wouldn't recommend a non-K CPU with a Zxx motherboard as you are wasting the overclocking features of the Z motherboard plus it costs more, so I would use a Hxx motherboard instead.

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

Just now, Jonnyswboy said:

I would personally change the case to a cheaper one and get an SSD, maybe change the PSU.

any reccomended psus?

Just now, UGame_ said:

I think this is a really solid build, however I would upgrade the GPU to maybe a 980 Ti or a 970.

ssds are so expensive doe ;-;

and yeah i might actually get a 980ti instead of the r9 390

1 minute ago, robert1339 said:

I wouldn't recommend a non-K CPU with a Zxx motherboard as you are wasting the overclocking features of the Z motherboard plus it costs more, so I would use a Hxx motherboard instead.

any specific ones?

@IsaacDaGrazin-

-Please look a bit into SSD, believe me, they are worth you time (witch is funny because they'll also save you a lot of time).

-Don't know why you would get such a huge case for such a small build (maybe first get a better everything?).

-If you plan on more than a bit of rendering and animation, get a better cpu.

-390 is good enough for 1080p work.

I don't know your budget but if money isn't an object

Not THAT expensive

Note: With that CPU cooler you might want to look into a K series processor and a Z97 board as the NH-D15 will keep it cool anyways

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.69 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($40.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($40.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.98 @ Mac Mall) 
Total: $1466.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-11 19:57 EST-0500

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

11 minutes ago, UGame_ said:

It is not possible to upgrade to a 970...the 390 is better than the 970

10 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

any reccomended psus?

ssds are so expensive doe ;-;

and yeah i might actually get a 980ti instead of the r9 390

Nah...get the 390....great price:performance ratio

16 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

What I’m reusing:

I added another pair of Fury's to fill the slots up (why tf not? and plus its nice to have room to open a couple thousand programs)

I'm using the Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 cus its badass and well I like the colour and its compatible :3

The 212 Evo for alot better cooling than my shit only fucking fan in my entire fucking pc (in my current pc i have ONE Fan, no psu fan, no case fans, nuffin only a shitload of mesh)

The WD Black im getting for the 'Maximum performance for power computing.' and ofcouse i do need storage xD,  I do not plan on just getting an ssd any time soon since i dont know nuffin about them

R9 390 for serious gaming on high-medium settings (like dem hungry games gta, farcry etc...)

It will be used for:

Web browsing, watching youtube 1440p, games heavy ones like gta, farcry on medium to high settings,  maybe some animation every now and then, video rendering, I only plan on using one monitor (1920x1080 which is my current) but I may add another

Why I'm upgrading?:

I do plan starting rendering and animations soon, gaming will most probably happen (right now i get an average of 60 fps on low-medium settings and low res, on hungry games, things look shiet), web browsing is fine but most of the time I normally have 20+ tabs open on ff, and other programs in the background such as: steam, blender, rhythm box, Libre Office, obs, Hardware Sensors Indicator (temps)  and with my current pc things do slow down quite a bit

so what do you think?

Just want your opinion on this guys! also any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Get a 1TB HDD and an SSD...otherwise the build is really solid. GL on running steam games on Linux

9 minutes ago, robert1339 said:

I snip

Sorry xD my budget is around £1000 I really wouldn't want to go over it a lot but if I have to then yeah I guess :3

18 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

What I’m reusing:

It will be used for:

Why I'm upgrading?:

so what do you think?

Decent build...just needs an SSD

1 minute ago, jkeasley said:

Get a 1TB HDD and an SSD...otherwise the build is really solid. GL on running steam games on Linux

ALot of games support Linux you know?

Just now, jkeasley said:

Hes said that he's keeping the CPU.....

I know, I just said that it maybe isn't smart to do so if he's going to be rendering often. That's why I've made this build...

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

I know, I just said that it maybe isn't smart to do so if he's going to be rendering often. That's why I've made this build...

The i5 will do me for now but in the future I will probably get an i7 

12 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

@IsaacDaGrazin Is It just me or does your first post say you watch YouTube and stuff on 1440p but then it says you only have a 1080p monitor?

I can't type in my box sorry so I have to type in your quote xD but yeah Basiclly idk why but i watch 1440p because it feels kewl to watch in that and yeah xp 

On 2/12/2016 at 11:07 AM, Wouterrinos said:

It shouldnt take long to render stuff...compared to an a10....

1 minute ago, jkeasley said:

It shouldnt take long to render stuff...compared to an a10....

Doesn't mean the i7 isn't a lot faster though...