First PC Build

IrishSkittle

Flaw #1: A Skylake cpu DOES NOT work with an LGA1150 motherboard. You need to get a new board

Flaw #2: The power supply is a little on the low side. I'd get a evga 500b psu as theyre quite cheap and reliable. 

SYSTEM: CPU-i5-6600k GPU-EVGA Titan X SC MOBO-Asus Z170-A SOUND CARD-Asus Xonar Essence STX RAM-16GB HyperX Fury 2133 DDR4 COOLER-CoolerMaster Hyper T4 WIFI-Asus PCE-AC68 

Just now, Nicko_barbeque said:

I recommend getting a PSU with more power just so you can upgrade more easily in the future...

500w?

better psu

get an ssd

people incoming: people get that processor because it is socket lga 1151, leaving room for upgrades

asus motherboards are better, and there are cheaper ones

1 minute ago, Sephirothkefka said:

Flaw #1: A Skylake cpu DOES NOT work with an LGA1150 motherboard. You need to get a new board

Flaw #2: The power supply is a little on the low side. I'd get a evga 500b psu as theyre quite cheap and reliable. 

Thanks for that tip, any suggestions on mobos? And I'll change the psu to 500w <3

1 minute ago, Josephdalepi said:

better psu

get an ssd

people incoming: people get that processor because it is socket lga 1151, leaving room for upgrades

asus motherboards are better, and there are cheaper ones

Psu: 500w?

SSD: Maybe later down the line

People incoming: You called it

2 minutes ago, Sephirothkefka said:

2 minutes ago, IrishSkittle said:

500w?

550W would be fine. An EVGA G2/GS/GQ PSU would be good as well as anything from XFX, Seasonic and Super Flower. Also, Antec's High Current Gamer lineup is great. For the motherboard, change to a B150 / H110 / H170 motherboard and change the RAM to 8GB of DDR4. Also, Asus AMD cards are not good so get one from anybody except Asus and Gigabyte.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

id get a asus z170-a. I have the same board and its good. unless if its an matx case. then im not sure.

SYSTEM: CPU-i5-6600k GPU-EVGA Titan X SC MOBO-Asus Z170-A SOUND CARD-Asus Xonar Essence STX RAM-16GB HyperX Fury 2133 DDR4 COOLER-CoolerMaster Hyper T4 WIFI-Asus PCE-AC68 

Just now, IrishSkittle said:

Psu: 500w?

SSD: Maybe later down the line

People incoming: You called it

with a system like yours, if you upgrade anything, youll need a better one

ssd is more important than the hdd

hdds are cheap as hell and ssds are so much faster

keep the cpu, new mobo

Alright, so this is the final product: http://prntscr.com/a23gw6

Anyone else have anything to add? Or am I all good to go ahead and order?

P.S. any clue on how this can handle GTA V or Payday 2?

3 hours ago, IrishSkittle said:

500w?

Even 600-750... Just depends in you are wanting to upgrade in the future...

10 hours ago, Nicko_barbeque said:

Even 600-750... Just depends in you are wanting to upgrade in the future...

For now, I only see myself going for an i5 max

15 hours ago, IrishSkittle said:

Alright, so this is the final product: http://prntscr.com/a23gw6

Anyone else have anything to add? Or am I all good to go ahead and order?

P.S. any clue on how this can handle GTA V or Payday 2?

Can't speak for payday2, but GTA should be OK. You won't be blitzing it - would recommend an i5 for the extra 2 cores

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Do you really need a H97 motherboard? H110 or B150 will work fine with that i3-6100.

41 minutes ago, iWearKiltz said:

Can't speak for payday2, but GTA should be OK. You won't be blitzing it - would recommend an i5 for the extra 2 cores

Yeah, I was planning on upgrading the CPU down the line.

Just now, IrishSkittle said:

Yeah, I was planning on upgraing the CPU down the line.

i know you've probably heard it many times - but saving now will be better for you.

if you would rather get it now (i understand that - i was in the same shoes in the past :P) then everything looks good. 

Would recommend using PCPartPicker (give it a quick google, will be pretty high on the list) - this ensures that everything is compatible (down to power supply, correct sockets etc.). I disagree with the people above talking about increasing PSU wattage - this isn't necessary  but does make the PSU more efficient

Hope you enjoy your new pc!

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Just now, iWearKiltz said:

i know you've probably heard it many times - but saving now will be better for you.

if you would rather get it now (i understand that - i was in the same shoes in the past :P) then everything looks good. 

Would recommend using PCPartPicker (give it a quick google, will be pretty high on the list) - this ensures that everything is compatible (down to power supply, correct sockets etc.). I disagree with the people above talking about increasing PSU wattage - this isn't necessary  but does make the PSU more efficient

Hope you enjoy your new pc!

Yeah man, I've been waiting a while for this, I'd really rather get it now, and thanks for the advice <3

10 hours ago, IrishSkittle said:

For now, I only see myself going for an i5 max

Your CPU is not what will take the power (it does take power, but only a little bit...) : It will be your gpu. AMD is more power-hungry than Nvidia so the more watts you get the better off you are when you get a second gpu or upgrade an existing one...

• 2 weeks later...