Asus wl-520gu web storage

TomasV

Hi,

I have this router and i want to put flash disk in to it, but i dont know how can i share it to network.

Thanks for any answers.

I read the manual and the specs and couldn't find any mention of file sharing via USB. I found printer sharing, and saving config and wireless settings to a USB flash drive, but no on-board FTP or automatic file sharing. It probably works as a USB bridge, allowing any computer connected to the router to detect the flash drive as a virtual drive, allowing you to upload/download with drag and drop inside the OS. This is all speculative, because I can't find documentation on it, but that is where I would start. Make sure your PC has file sharing enabled in both network properties and then Start > Control Panel > Device and Printers > Add a device. 

I read the manual and the specs and couldn't find any mention of file sharing via USB. I found printer sharing, and saving config and wireless settings to a USB flash drive, but no on-board FTP or automatic file sharing. It probably works as a USB bridge, allowing any computer connected to the router to detect the flash drive as a virtual drive, allowing you to upload/download with drag and drop inside the OS. This is all speculative, because I can't find documentation on it, but that is where I would start. Make sure your PC has file sharing enabled in both network properties and then Start > Control Panel > Device and Printers > Add a device. 

Ok thanks i'll do it another way.