Cello

Gaiamitesh

Well to start off I currently go to the University of Connecticut but I did this build while I was a senior in high school. I did not know all that much about computers at the time as this was my very first build. I used a Sony Vaio as my main device for almost 5 years at that time and was looking to upgrade it as fast as possible, I wanted to use programs such as Autodesk and game more than just League of Legends. I saved up over $1,200 to build a computer but to me that didn't seem enough. I was a constant viewer of Linustechtips and he made building a computer so easy. I didn't want to just be able to say I put together my computer. I wanted it to be able to represent me. (Also I was hoping for it to get me some sort of scholarships or at the least recognition, but that didn't end up happening, either I didn't look hard enough for them or there just happened to be none available for case mods at the time.) 

To put things shortly, I had an old broken cello so I decided to build it inside of that:

Specs:

i7-4790k

Asus z97-Pro

Samsung 840 EVO (I got the Evo because it matches my car-somewhat)

The hard drive from my laptop

16 gb G.Skill Ripjaws

XFX R9-290 (Now I have an XFX R9 390)

650W Rosewill Hive PSU (Not the greatest)

20141221_210443_1.thumb.jpg.9de19bb8cc5a

The first thing I had to was cut out the entire back of the cello to extend it far enough for the graphics card to fit, at the time I did not know about pci-risers. Extending the cello did give way to more airflow in the end though, and it looks way better in my opinion. I also cut out a rectangle as I wanted a window to look into it.

20141225_175647.thumb.jpg.26f7db19bb82d0

My favorite color scheme is green and black, it also explains how all of my peripherals are Razer products. I painted the red stripes and the blue heatsink on the ram black afterwards to match. I installed standoffs to mount the motherboard and the hard drive is underneath the green Raidmax fan next to the Corsair AIO. The ssd I duct taped to the top of the cello. The power switch and power leds are run beneath the motherboard and I drilled holes as to be able to access them (They are located to the right of the ssd). When I installed the 290, it was leaning too much for my liking but I did not how to fix the problem so I just used a line of zip-ties painted green as to hide them, it is not noticeable at all when the back of the cello is put on. 

20150622_213943.thumb.jpg.bb4a8c284ead3020150330_202358.thumb.jpg.afbd3302faff56

20150622_220132.thumb.jpg.9cb36615d8b5fc20151024_154355.thumb.jpg.dbb651427a4435

I painted by alias GaiaMitesh in old english lettering onto the front. I put a double layer of mesh on the gaps where I extended the back of the cello. I also put a big green led light strip on the inside. There is is a Netgear wireless adapter near the neck attached to a hot glued usb port, I thought it looked pretty cool. Currently I use ethernet but I keep it on just for show.

Oh I should probably add that I put new strings on it and a new bridge so it is still fully functional as a cello too, Canon in D for computer cello.20151024_154244.thumb.jpg.8a4780e67bd5ce

that poor Cello... it deserved a happy life... 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

the colors.. the razer crap.. aww. but +1 for the effort :/ sorry mate

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

this is rlly creative 0_0

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival