Helped needed!

mijhamilt1

I did a speed test and I am doing 80 up and 80 down with a single hard connection from my Verizon modem to my computer.  If I were to connect 4 Ethernet cables from my modem from Verizon to a 1 gb switch, would my output theoretically be 320 up and 320 down?

thank you,

Mike

No, since you only pay for 80/80, which is why you're getting 80/80. 

All of your devices are probably connected via a gigabit ethernet port anyway, and are therefore capable of gigabit speeds (if you pay for them) over a single cable.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

did some watch this video too much

on a more serious note even that you have more connections to your router your router only has one link to the phone company and that why no speed increase is observed

2 hours ago, mineblaster said:

did some watch this video too much

on a more serious note even that you have more connections to your router your router only has one link to the phone company and that why no speed increase is observed

That guy in the video is so anoying

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?